Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Re: Suggested Forum - Recruiting

Postby muskieman » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:30 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:28 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:18 pm
Zach Harvey: Dez Wells or Eddie Eyikor redux?

https://www.cjonline.com/sports/2018062 ... 7-incident
AH is all for giving 2nd chances, and isn't saying definitively that X shouldn't recruit this guy, but considering some recent history regarding some bad apples and the aftermath, this guy should be vetted really well. Then revetted again.....and revetted one more time. Believe me, it would still pale in comparison to the due diligence Shadow, MMan, and the others did on me before approving me as a Mod.
he thinks he is a Mod... funniest thing heard all year.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:23 pm

mumuskie87 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:06 pm
lionelchalmers0 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:13 pm
Xavier2005 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:45 am
X obviously has a new coach. The NCAA "this year' has Xavier ranked 108th in the RPI and X's stats are definitely below average. So you are a recruit...do you want to come to this basketball program??? The only reason to come now is that you might be able to be a "starter" because the starting unit is at average to below average. X was on a roll with CM, now X is half way down the ladder....not even near the top of the ladder. Definitely in a rebuilding mode all the way around.
Absolutely you would. It’s a perennially competitive program in a real city with a great arena that is filled to capacity every night. You’re in a power conference and play on national television pretty much every game. And like you said probably have an opportunity to earn minutes early and often.

So yes kids would want to play at Xavier. It’s a top 20-25 program based on all of that.
Uhh....Xavier2005 - let's turn to page 7 of your hymn book - the 18-19 Xavier media guide.
On that page, you will see that X has made the NCAA tournament in 19 of the last 25 years (not counting this year). Tied with Syracuse and UCLA.
Teams just behind them with 18,17 and 16 appearances- Florida, Oklahoma, IU, Maryland, Purdue, Nova, UConn, Oklahoma St.
Just ahead of X - Wisky, UC, the Zags, Az, Texas, UNC, Mich St, UK, Duke, Kansas.
X is in great company - among the blue bloods of college b/ball.
Just need to get to that last 2%.
The future is bright 8-)
Just ahead of X - Wisky, UC, the Zags, Az, Texas, UNC, Mich St, UK, Duke, Kansas.
There is one team in this group who is a mid-major, and who should have an asterisk next to their name, because X has more SW 16s, than they do tourney wins during their current coach's tenure. There is an upside though. Their athletic department, who is annually under water financially, can save on the checked luggage fees and meal per diems.
Last edited by Anti-Homer on Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:28 pm

muskieman wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:30 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:28 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:18 pm
Zach Harvey: Dez Wells or Eddie Eyikor redux?

https://www.cjonline.com/sports/2018062 ... 7-incident
AH is all for giving 2nd chances, and isn't saying definitively that X shouldn't recruit this guy, but considering some recent history regarding some bad apples and the aftermath, this guy should be vetted really well. Then revetted again.....and revetted one more time. Believe me, it would still pale in comparison to the due diligence Shadow, MMan, and the others did on me before approving me as a Mod.
he thinks he is a Mod... funniest thing heard all year.
I still get cold sweats thinking of the time Shadow made me scrub the floor at Schmidt Fieldhouse with a toothbrush, as part of the hazing process. I did refuse to act out scenes from The Crying Game, which Muskieman wanted me to do.
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:31 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:23 pm
mumuskie87 wrote:
lionelchalmers0 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:13 pm

Absolutely you would. It’s a perennially competitive program in a real city with a great arena that is filled to capacity every night. You’re in a power conference and play on national television pretty much every game. And like you said probably have an opportunity to earn minutes early and often.

So yes kids would want to play at Xavier. It’s a top 20-25 program based on all of that.
Uhh....Xavier2005 - let's turn to page 7 of your hymn book - the 18-19 Xavier media guide.
On that page, you will see that X has made the NCAA tournament in 19 of the last 25 years (not counting this year). Tied with Syracuse and UCLA.
Teams just behind them with 18,17 and 16 appearances- Florida, Oklahoma, IU, Maryland, Purdue, Nova, UConn, Oklahoma St.
The future is bright 8-)
There is one team in this group who is a mid-major, and who should have an asterisk next to their name, because X has more SW 16s, than they do tourney wins in their current coach's tenure. There is an upside though. Their athletic department, who is annually under water financially, can save on the checked luggage fees and meal per diems.
Yep...they kicked to the curb the coach who knew how to win in the tournament.
5 S16
2 E8
2 F4
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:09 pm

mumuskie87 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:31 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:23 pm
mumuskie87 wrote:

The future is bright 8-)
There is one team in this group who is a mid-major, and who should have an asterisk next to their name, because X has more SW 16s, than they do tourney wins in their current coach's tenure. There is an upside though. Their athletic department, who is annually under water financially, can save on the checked luggage fees and meal per diems.
Yep...they kicked to the curb the coach who knew how to win in the tournament.
5 S16
2 E8
2 F4
Actually huggins had 2 E8 and 1 FF. Still impressive but while at UC, his record against X was 8-8. He was also 0-1 against X at Kansas St and WVU so overall 8-10. While still impressive in tourney, only one time did he beat a better seed when they were a 9 and i believe Gonzaga was an 8.
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:12 pm

I was including his time at WVU.
As far as Little Mick is concerned, he has gotten UC to a nice mid major program.
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:22 pm

mumuskie87 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:12 pm
As far as Little Mick is concerned, he has gotten UC to a nice mid major program.
gotcha
mick 1 S-16 in 13 years but remember he is still building the program "brick by brick"
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:28 pm

X-Expert wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:22 pm
mumuskie87 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:12 pm
gotcha
mick 1 S-16 in 13 years but remember he is still building the program "brick by brick"
:D
On the same pace as the Egyptians building the pyramids....or maybe a bit slower.
His teams are just not "tough" enough yet
Al McGuire
Al McGuire
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:33 pm

I was trying to convey thru facts that Little Mick couldn't hold Huggy Bear's jock strap when it comes to the NCAA Tournament
And the mythology that surrounds Little Mick resurrected the UC program is a joke. More on that at a later time.
Paul Daughtery (sp?) of the National Enquirer beats the drum on this one.
Al McGuire
Al McGuire
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:17 pm

I had heard the Steele was considering a wing/guard and a big. He had said he could see him getting an incoming Fr, grad transfer, and a sit out transfer. Here is who i knew they were looking at within the last month but not sure where they stand:

Zach Harvey-visited X as other schools. He is from Kansas who were recruiting him. Also likes Gonzaga. Had heard they both have slowed on their recruiting of him.
Ben Roderick-has 2 mid-major offers but also has heard from Ohio State and X. His dream is Ohio State but they only have one scholarship left and may use on a big.
Sean McNeil-JUCO out of Sinclair in Dayton. Leading D2 scorer in the country. Has 2 unofficial visits at X games (Detroit and Villanova). X hasn't offered but many have including WVU, Dayton. OKLA St., Texas Tech and many others. Seems like X stopped or slowed down the recruiting.
Harlond Beverly-X was big in the mix here but seems to have really slowed down.
Myron Gardner-at one point was 100% for X but i believe X has stopped recruiting. Looks like he is looking at UC

not sure of any potential grad transfers. X did reach out to Justin Pierce from William & Mary. any more info please advise

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”