Re: Suggested Forum - Recruiting

Postby muskieman » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:58 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:28 pm
muskieman wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:30 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:28 pm

AH is all for giving 2nd chances, and isn't saying definitively that X shouldn't recruit this guy, but considering some recent history regarding some bad apples and the aftermath, this guy should be vetted really well. Then revetted again.....and revetted one more time. Believe me, it would still pale in comparison to the due diligence Shadow, MMan, and the others did on me before approving me as a Mod.
he thinks he is a Mod... funniest thing heard all year.
I still get cold sweats thinking of the time Shadow made me scrub the floor at Schmidt Fieldhouse with a toothbrush, as part of the hazing process. I did refuse to act out scenes from The Crying Game, which Muskieman wanted me to do.
When you came in playing the banjo you reminded us of the kid from Deliverance and we knew you were not mod material but you surprised us when you showed up as UD Pride's main boy for AG
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:35 am

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:28 pm

I still get cold sweats thinking of the time Shadow made me scrub the floor at Schmidt Fieldhouse with a toothbrush, as part of the hazing process. I did refuse to act out scenes from The Crying Game, which Muskieman wanted me to do.
Couldn't have been me. I'm against child labor!
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
XavierRunningMan

Postby XavierRunningMan » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:17 pm

X-Expert wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:09 pm
mumuskie87 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:31 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:23 pm

There is one team in this group who is a mid-major, and who should have an asterisk next to their name, because X has more SW 16s, than they do tourney wins in their current coach's tenure. There is an upside though. Their athletic department, who is annually under water financially, can save on the checked luggage fees and meal per diems.
Yep...they kicked to the curb the coach who knew how to win in the tournament.
5 S16
2 E8
2 F4
Actually huggins had 2 E8 and 1 FF. Still impressive but while at UC, his record against X was 8-8. He was also 0-1 against X at Kansas St and WVU so overall 8-10. While still impressive in tourney, only one time did he beat a better seed when they were a 9 and i believe Gonzaga was an 8.

Thank you for the detailed update! That’s exactly what I was looking for! Not sure all the other rambling that was going on, BUT this is the quality content we need 😂😁
joeabe

Postby joeabe » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:02 am

Just wondering.....Did we recruit the frosh from Belmont Nick Muszynski from Pickerington Ohio. He played 2 very good games in the NCAA"s. He' 6'10 and has a really soft touch and good post moves for a young player.
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:11 am

joeabe wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:02 am
Just wondering.....Did we recruit the frosh from Belmont Nick Muszynski from Pickerington Ohio. He played 2 very good games in the NCAA"s. He' 6'10 and has a really soft touch and good post moves for a young player.
No.
http://verbalcommits.com/players/nick-muszynski
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
joeabe

Postby joeabe » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:04 pm

Thanks Shaddow, did you see him play at all vs Temple or Maryland? On a bad ankle he performed well....smooth operator. Had more trouble with Maryland's length. Very good passer out of the post. Looks like everyone passed on him out of hs.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:38 pm

Xavier offers 2020 wing Tony Sanders Jr. a 6-foot-7 and 190-pound forward, is listed as a four-star recruit on 247 Sports composite rankings. he averaged 20 points per game last season shooting 44.5 percent on the floor and averaged 4.8 rebounds and 1.4 steals.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:00 pm

#Xavier offers 6’4 2021 guard from Macon, Georgia. Kowacie Reeves Jr.
XavierRunningMan

Postby XavierRunningMan » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:26 pm

Keep up the quality posts, muskieman!
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:47 am

has anyone have new information on Zach Harvey. Last I heard he was still considering eligibility for 2019 and X and Creighton were trying to make that happen. I have not seen his name anywhere in a while as X seems to be looking at grad transfers instead of either Harvey or Roderick. although I believe Roderick is waiting to hear from Ohio State

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”