DePaul Game Thread 2/9/19

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
mumuskie87

Re: DePaul Game Thread 2/9/19

Postby mumuskie87 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:01 pm

whopper wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:23 pm
I thought the benching of Marshall and Jones after Missouri was the bad cop(and we won without either) and I think Q got a benching once too. Lets think good thoughts as we need to win some games this year..just for everyone's mental health. Remember we did come back against Depaul, Butler and G Town and could easily be winless a lot more likely than we would have won Seton Hall, Marquette, G Town2 and Depaul.
Came back against Butler and Gtown.
And those were the games that Scruggs was playing the point. Goodin was a DNP for both of those games.
1st game against DePaul, X was up 38-32 at the half and was still up by 2 with 10 minutes. Can't call that a comeback win.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:02 pm

whopper wrote:
I thought the benching of Marshall and Jones after Missouri was the bad cop(and we won without either) and I think Q got a benching once too. Lets think good thoughts as we need to win some games this year..just for everyone's mental health. Remember we did come back against Depaul, Butler and G Town and could easily be winless a lot more likely than we would have won Seton Hall, Marquette, G Town2 and Depaul.
. Lets think good thoughts as we need to win some games this year..just for everyone's mental health.
Agreed Whopper,

And I hope more posters follow our lead, instead of spewing the negativity which is polluting this board. I won't name any specific posters, but one only tipped 4% this morning at our breakfast meeting at First Watch.
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:09 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:53 pm
whopper wrote:

UNCORROBORATED[/i reports have Q channeling Lyon's and contacting teams including Coach Devo down south. Though he has had a disappointing season, I would still hate to lose him. Again, it is only a rumor, and I wouldn't post it if it didn't appear in social medial. If true, Steele should sit him for the rest of the year. He needs to start creating the narrative of what kind of coach he is going to be. The story so far points more to Barney Fife than Andy Griffith.

Maybe Barney...I mean Travis..might need to take that one bullet out of his shirt pocket and use it. 8-)
It was funny..actually not funny..but i was thinking that Goodin was reminding me some of Lyons.
Goodin was more effective when he had better players around him. I think he can be a decent distributor but he is not a scoring point guard like a Tu Holloway was.
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:41 pm

Goodin is having off the court issues, which are widely known. There is speculation that he will not be back next season along with two others. Steele does not have these guys ready for end of game situations, which has happened basically every game that we have not been blown out. Q was even lazy on attempted layups at games end (even though we needed a three). I would take him out in pressure situations. This team is a mess.
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:55 pm

whopper wrote:
Whopper -
I've been rooting for the Reds and the Bengals for the last quarter century and more so I'm not too concerned about my mental health at this point.
I'm either beyond repair or comfortably numb at this point.
As Bill Belichick would say - "it's on to Providence."
Al McGuire
Al McGuire
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:58 pm

Shadow wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:56 pm
This is getting pathetic. Almost like they are playing by a script.
Need to hire someone to write a new script. :roll:
Al McGuire
Al McGuire
Michigan Musketeer

Postby Michigan Musketeer » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:22 pm

I would like to know why my post last night after the game never appeared even thought it was submitted. I saw something about a a review. although I vented my frustration and mentioned a very possible now (20) loss season it was mild compared to some of the post on this chatboard. I would appreciate a explanation if there is one?
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:32 pm

A few of mine didn’t show up either, which were not too critical.
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:35 pm

whopper wrote:
Whopper - you are correct on the 1st DePaul game. Just watched the highlights you posted on XH's board.
X was down 61-57 with about 4 minutes to play and came back to win.
My bad.
Al McGuire
Al McGuire
whopper

Postby whopper » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:08 pm

as a 63 year old retiree in Conn who still plays 3 x a week (and has 2 daughters recently graduated from X and met Matt Stainbrook in Conn when he was on Dan Patrick) I am sad to say I have too much time on my hands and could probably do the play by play from memory on most games.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”