KK

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
thecoach

KK

Postby thecoach » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:27 pm

Xavier 247
@musketeerreport
Xavier just announced that Keonte Kennedy is taking time away from the team for personal reasons. He will not travel, play in games or practice with the team.

Odds he's back next season?
lionelchalmers0

Re: KK

Postby lionelchalmers0 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:57 pm

I’d guess zero.

If I remember correctly the whole reason he de-committed then recommitted was due to playing time concerns. I’m assuming once he saw our top 5 guys all left he thought he’d get decent PT but he essentially gets none.

I’m all for making guys earn their PT but it’s tough when we you get in a position where half or more of some of your freshman classes transfer out. It was a problem with Mack and looks like it’ll be an issue with Steele as it would seem KK, Elias, and James will likely all leave.
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:50 pm

i hope that X gives him his release (assuming he leaves) and he doesn't have to sit out a year. i think he has some talent and never easy to make an impact as a freshman. I think seeing the 2 guards coming in at this point along with Goodin and Scruggs will make it difficult for him to get more playing time next year. I still believe X will be getting at least one more shooting guard next year (Harvey, Beverly, Roderick, or hopefully McNeil)
XU80

Postby XU80 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:22 am

KK had some opportunities to play given our limited depth.

I wish him well and that he finds the right place to play and get his degree.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:09 am

I think we all wish him the best. Once again thanks Vanilla Ice for having one foot out the door before you left and leaving us with absolutely nothing for the last recruiting class. I still can't figure out how KK couldn't help us in our most depleted roster ever. He was known as a shooter and his shot looked like Q was his personal shooting coach.
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:48 am

agree with your frustration over the "bare cupboard" left by Mr. Ice Hops... Et Tu Brute...? Thought his blood ran blue, but it was green like most in this world. That said, Steele must not want KK around to develop as one would think a coach is in tune with this always tenuous aspect of a program. Private talks and a few more minutes likely could have allowed KK to "keep the faith" the fact this was not apparently done means either Coach is too overwhelmed to have noticed, or prefers to get the open scholly back. Either way, our program is still reeling a bit and all I can do is be hopeful that next season shows some semblance of structure and maturation.... As for now, we are DePaul, nothing more, nothing less.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:54 pm

I wonder if the core 4 will all be back next year. Best of luck to KK, whether it is an on or off the court issue he is dealing with.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:30 am

Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:54 pm
I wonder if the core 4 will all be back next year. Best of luck to KK, whether it is an on or off the court issue he is dealing with.
i really do hope that Naji, Q, Scruggs, and Tyrique are all back next year. the only one that wouldn't surprise me if he isn't is Q.

but add next year's class to those 4, possibly a JUCO and a solid grad transfer and you have a pretty solid team, i think.
joeabe

Postby joeabe » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:23 am

Why would Q leave Xavier?
xu39

Postby xu39 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:29 pm

X-Expert wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:50 pm
i hope that X gives him his release (assuming he leaves) and he doesn't have to sit out a year.
IINM, regardless of whether he gets his release or not, he will have to sit out a year, correct?

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”