Ky Ky Tandy

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
gym from delhi

Ky Ky Tandy

Postby gym from delhi » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:25 am

Channeling Hoosiers' Jimmy Chitwood, today's Enquirer article on Ky KY has a reporter saying "I've never seen a HS player as good as him."
Lead Guitar

Re: Ky Ky Tandy

Postby Lead Guitar » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:42 am

Move Q to the 2, Paul to the 3, Naji to the 4 and Tyrique in the middle. Appears to be a Villanova style team and similar to last year when Trevon would occasionally play the stretch 4. The big plus will be getting back to running and plenty of depth.

Looking forward to next year, but we still have some work to be done this. Got my tickets for the NIT against Dayton or Indiana!
gym from delhi

Postby gym from delhi » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:06 am

Would the NIT schedule a an XU-UD match in a larger venue (Dayton)?
Xavier2005

Postby Xavier2005 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:28 am

what ever makes money and sells tickets
Murph85

Postby Murph85 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:27 pm

gym from delhi wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:25 am
Channeling Hoosiers' Jimmy Chitwood, today's Enquirer article on Ky KY has a reporter saying "I've never seen a HS player as good as him."
Can you put up a link for this? I can't find it.
gym from delhi

Postby gym from delhi » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:29 pm

Xavier Hoops has a link or the Enquirer's website.
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:35 pm

Lead Guitar wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:42 am
Move Q to the 2, Paul to the 3, Naji to the 4 and Tyrique in the middle. Appears to be a Villanova style team and similar to last year when Trevon would occasionally play the stretch 4. The big plus will be getting back to running and plenty of depth.

Looking forward to next year, but we still have some work to be done this. Got my tickets for the NIT against Dayton or Indiana!
This team would not be like Nova. Remember, Nova had 5 guys who can shoot from the outside. Including Q , Jones, and Marshall already eliminates three outside shooters. Tandy may be more of a 2 as well and don't forget about Bishop who appears to be the best outside shooter next year, All players on the team will improve next year so if X can get decent production from Tandy, Bishop, Freemantle, and Ramsey, X can be pretty good next year
PT71

Postby PT71 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:40 am

It is easy to get excited about X basketball...each year recruits come and the mix and match of returning talent with the new people is exciting. I would predict that Steele will also add another grad transfer big man. We still need depth...and we certainly don't know what James and Kennedy are going to do. Kennedy has already shown his dissatisfaction with playing time...we can gloss his absence over as "personal reasons," but most likely he was not satisfied with PT. Is he still in school? So, the scholarship situation remains "fluid."
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:01 am

X already had one open scholarship, even before anyone else might leave. So it’s very “fluid”. I’d be shocked if they filled them all, but I’d also be shocked if there wasn’t at least one more addition. I also suspect there to be a grad transfer come in, but I also won’t rule out a JUCO. I think that an experienced backup for Jones is the biggest need, with a good wing player next.

KyKy and Bishop are going to be impact players as freshmen. I think the freshman bigs will need more time to adjust, but will end up contributing some minutes, especially if they show the ability to defend and rebound.

I’m excited about the future too. But I’m also cautious about expecting to much, to soon.
#WHYNOTX?
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:10 pm

Ball handling and shooting are a must for next season especially ball handling.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”