BET - Creighton Game Thread 3-14-19

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Re: BET - Creighton Game Thread 3-14-19

Postby muskieman » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:34 pm

XavierBob wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:17 pm
The encouraging thing is that X won while playing just ok. Very up and down against a good/hot team, didn’t let the drought beat us. It is March, survive and advance.
I think the D which turned the cormer about 7-8 games ago is starting to pay off and if we can only let Nova hang 67 or less it could be a nice Friday in NYC
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
oldhoopster

Postby oldhoopster » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:39 pm

Defense yes but 9 turnovers was key also. Need that agin tomorrow...or less. A little better shooting might be needed also. D was good vs Villanova last time
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:01 pm

MOSQUETERO wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:25 pm
muskieman wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:37 pm
Jones had a tough game but we can hope he is saving it for Nova and 'Quette
Not too fast Ed; I wouldn't count out SJU. 1 down 2 to go.
with U8 to go 68-43 Marquette... might be safe to sing the "Party's over" in a Texas twang
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:26 pm

muskieman wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:01 pm
with U8 to go 68-43 Marquette... might be safe to sing the "Party's over" in a Texas twang
In the RGV that would be "Se acabó la fiesta"
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:59 am

not sure we can survive a 9 minute scoring drought vs Nova tonite and i don't think we are gonna get a 10 min scoring drought from them like we did at Cintas. gonna have to play our best game to win. hopefully Q and Scruggs play better (shooting wise). they gotta be able to knock down some shots. Q should just shoot less 3's but Scruggs misses last night were head scratchers. thought he had good looks. Naji should NEVER shoot a 3 in transition, off the dribble, or early in the shot clock. he went 1-5. his one made 3 was from after we fed Hanky in the post and he kicked it out. THOSE are the 3's he should take. same with Q. Scruggs will get his shot back tonite but if Q and Scruggs go 6-21, 0-9 like they did vs CU, we are DONE. it's that simple. our D isn't good enough to keep Nova down and they will be hungry for revenge after the debacle they put up at Cintas.

need to score 75 to win.

let's hope we can.

and also - unless we are on a fast break, transition, etc, the ball should GO INTO THE POST EVERY FREAKING POSSESSION!!!!
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:23 pm

longliveskip wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:59 am
not sure we can survive a 9 minute scoring drought vs Nova tonite and i don't think we are gonna get a 10 min scoring drought from them like we did at Cintas. gonna have to play our best game to win. hopefully Q and Scruggs play better (shooting wise). they gotta be able to knock down some shots. Q should just shoot less 3's but Scruggs misses last night were head scratchers. thought he had good looks. Naji should NEVER shoot a 3 in transition, off the dribble, or early in the shot clock. he went 1-5. his one made 3 was from after we fed Hanky in the post and he kicked it out. THOSE are the 3's he should take. same with Q. Scruggs will get his shot back tonite but if Q and Scruggs go 6-21, 0-9 like they did vs CU, we are DONE. it's that simple. our D isn't good enough to keep Nova down and they will be hungry for revenge after the debacle they put up at Cintas.

need to score 75 to win.

let's hope we can.

and also - unless we are on a fast break, transition, etc, the ball should GO INTO THE POST EVERY FREAKING POSSESSION!!!!
Yes - only 9 TO's was great but Scruggs, Marshall and Goodin combined to go 1-14 from 3. Too many empty possessions without points. Those are like TO's IMO
Agree - a shooting night like that tonight and X is done.
And if their shots are falling, then get the ball to Castlin and Welage.
Castlin is 4-7 from 3 in his last 2 games. He is pretty warm right now
Welage is 10-17 from 3 in his last 4 games - he is blazing hot.
Get them the f'in ball.
If Goodin has more assists than shot attempts X will win the game.
Goodin and Marshall have the worst 3 pt and 2 pt shooting % on the team.
But will give Goodin props for his 2 buckets at the end of the 1H and his 1st bucket at the beginning of the 2H.
Agree need to feed the post against Nova. Hopefully either Jones or Hankins will have the hot hand and Travis needs to ride which does. Just like he did last night with Hankins.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”