Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Re: BET - Creighton Game Thread 3-14-19

Postby muskieman » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:43 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:33 pm
muskieman wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:27 pm
Nice end of half...who was that player that scored at the end there? Must be the friend of Sky and AH.
AH gave him much love. Like I tell you at every moderator meeting, use all the crayons in the box, and not only the blue one. I feel good when my commentary aligns with Larkin, while yours aligns with Goodin's grandma. For the record, I love Q and the rest of the players. I periodically loathe their play, approx 8.2% of the time.
I guess you didn't listen to Lark at the end of the game if you think he was down on Q. Or maybe you hear what you want to hear.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
whopper

Postby whopper » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:45 pm

I am speechless. I will go tomorrow from Connecticut. Tickets on Stubhub for 100..can I just go down with 100 cash and get a ticket? I have not done this in years..
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:58 pm

muskieman wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:43 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
muskieman wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:27 pm
Nice end of half...who was that player that scored at the end there? Must be the friend of Sky and AH.
AH gave him much love. Like I tell you at every moderator meeting, use all the crayons in the box, and not only the blue one. I feel good when my commentary aligns with Larkin, while yours aligns with Goodin's grandma. For the record, I love Q and the rest of the players. I periodically loathe their play, approx 8.2% of the time.
I guess you didn't listen to Lark at the end of the game if you think he was down on Q. Or maybe you hear what you want to hear.
Unlike you, Neither Lark nor I are Jim Jones', Kool-Aid drinking posters. If you followed the thread with your blinders off, you'd see both my posts and Lark's commentary changed along with Q's play. You probably blamed Smirnoff for their high alcohol content instead of Hazelwood for the Exxon Valdez disaster.

Though I shouldn't, I'm giving you one more chance as my bball consigliere, though I risk an incensed "pm" from Muskienick who yearns for that tile. Don't piss me off again. You've been warned.
Last edited by Anti-Homer on Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:01 pm

whopper wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:45 pm
I am speechless. I will go tomorrow from Connecticut. Tickets on Stubhub for 100..can I just go down with 100 cash and get a ticket? I have not done this in years..
Yes. You might be able to get a cheap ticket from a fan from a losing team or buy from StubHub. Since he's good friends with Harvey Weinstein, Mman is arranging use of his private jet so he and I can also attend.
muskienick

Postby muskienick » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:05 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:58 pm
muskieman wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:43 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:

Unlike you, Neither Lark nor I am Jim Jone's, Kool-Aid drinking posters. If you followed the thread with your blinders off, you'd see both my posts and Lark's commentary changed along with Q's play. You probably blamed Smirnoff for their high alcohol content instead of Hazelwood for the Exxon Valdez disaster.

Though I shouldn't, I'm giving you one more chance as my bball consigliere, though I risk an incensed "pm" from Muskienick who yearns for that tile. Don't piss me off again. You've been warned.
AH, I bow to MM. I do not send personal messages to anyone in this type of media. And I save my "incense" for my visits to church for Benediction!
Fathers James Hoff and Michael Graham, AD Mike Bobinski, and Head Coaches Staak, Gillen, Prosser, Matta, Miller, & Mack represent a Golden Era of Xavier Men's Basketball. AD Christopher and Head Coach Steele will bring us to an even higher level!
MOSQUETERO

Postby MOSQUETERO » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:25 pm

muskieman wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:37 pm
Jones had a tough game but we can hope he is saving it for Nova and 'Quette
Not too fast Ed; I wouldn't count out SJU. 1 down 2 to go.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:34 pm

Xavier is now 6-0 in Big East quarterfinals. Now they need to improve on their semi final record of 1-4.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:40 pm

MOSQUETERO wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:25 pm
muskieman wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:37 pm
Jones had a tough game but we can hope he is saving it for Nova and 'Quette
Not too fast Ed; I wouldn't count out SJU. 1 down 2 to go.
I realize that Marquette hasn't played as dominate lately and SJU has talent but they also don't play team ball as much and to get past MU and GT/SH is quite a feat...even if it is homecourt in a sense.
XavierBob

Postby XavierBob » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:17 pm

The encouraging thing is that X won while playing just ok. Very up and down against a good/hot team, didn’t let the drought beat us. It is March, survive and advance.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”