Re: BET - Nova Game Thread 3-15-19

Postby longliveskip » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:03 am

muskieman wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:43 pm
mumuskie87 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:55 pm
lionelchalmers0 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:46 pm

Why would it be ball out of bounds when Naji was taking a shot?
Just timing of when the call would be made. If the ref called a block before he shot the ball, it would be ball out of bounds.
In the end it doesn't matter. Game's over.
Kind of like debating the PI on-call in the NFC Championship game.
While the ball was out of his hand before he hit the Nova player a block would have been a shooting foul because he was in the act of shooting so it would have been two shots either way. He was not on the floor. But let say the ref called no foul on either then the rebounder Jones would have had a putback at the rim and my bet it would have been a dunk. Just like the push by the old man of OSU the game is over and all you can say is "if the ref had only done the only thing he is asked to do, which is making the correct call.
i concur on all this. it's either a block or no call at all. heck, how many games do we see refs just swallow their whistle under 5 seconds unless it's completely egregious (which is kind of ironic because when they know a team is trying to foul when they're down, a little touch and the ref blows the whistle but when they know they're NOT trying to foul, it's gotta be a HAMMER for them to blow the whistle) anyone see the end of the Florida game? i'm not a fan of them at all but holy geez that's a foul and shooting 3 for a chance to tie.

disappointing the game had to end that way but X had a 4 point lead with about 55 seconds and couldn't hang on.

March is always a little sour when X is not in the NCAA tourney, but how many of those have we had to deal with in the last 20 years? 4, maybe?

let's just go win the NIT. there's nothing more that i'd love to do than watch these dudes compete 5 more times. the turnaround they've made has been tremendous. let's get back to MSG, boys.
skyhops

Re: BET - Nova Game Thread 3-15-19

Postby skyhops » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:37 am

He was shooting and it would have put Naji at the line and who knows the way he has been shooting if he would have made it, but we will take those chances. It was a block and was a game changer for sure, similar to Eds charge against Wisconsin. We had our chances even in overtime, but Q decides to throw the ball in the stands doesn't help (and he is a junior). We have blown lead after lead and down the stretch and it happened again.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”