The What If Games

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
bluegrass

The What If Games

Postby bluegrass » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:50 pm

So many games that we could have won. Home loses to DePaul, Providence and Seton Hall were there for the taking. At Butler was winnable .But what if we beat Auburn and then lose to Duke instead of SDSU in Maui?Our NET & SOS would have been significantly better I would think .19 and 14 might put us in. Oh well NIT here we come
mumuskie87

Re: The What If Games

Postby mumuskie87 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:18 pm

bluegrass wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:50 pm
So many games that we could have won. Home loses to DePaul, Providence and Seton Hall were there for the taking. At Butler was winnable .But what if we beat Auburn and then lose to Duke instead of SDSU in Maui?Our NET & SOS would have been significantly better I would think .19 and 14 might put us in. Oh well NIT here we come
The Butler game hurt.
Playing the "if" game, wining that game would have put alone in 3rd place in the BE regular and given them a 3 seed.
I think X could have beaten Marquette who came into the BET on a 4 game losing streak although they did spank SJU pretty good in the quarterfinals.
And I go by the old adage in that it is difficult to beat a team 3 times in one season. X was due.
No Q1 wins in OOC hurt X's resume. A win against Wisky, Auburn or UC along with a 10-8 and 3rd place regular season finish would gotten X in, IMO
But it wasn't to be.
Still proud of this team and how they came off the mat and finished strong.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”