mumuskie87

SJU in the NCAA Tournament

Postby mumuskie87 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:01 pm

WTF.
SJU has a NET of 73.
Xavier has a NET of 67.
They beat SJU twice.
Finished a game ahead of SJU in conference play
Made to semi finals in the BET. Compared to quarter finals for SJU.
SJU had 5 Q1 wins to X's 4.
Both had 5 Q2 wins.
SJU most significant OOC win was against VCU.
That blows
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
mumuskie87

Re: SJU in the NCAA Tournament

Postby mumuskie87 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:29 pm

SJU went 4-3 against Marquette, Nova and Seton Hall
X went 2-5.
That's difference there - specifically beating Marquette twice vs. losing to Marquette twice.
Plus SJU's VCU win.
SJU OOC schedule was ranked 327 compared to X's 128.
Their OOC makes UC's OOC schedule look herculean
Still blows.
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
XU80

Postby XU80 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:39 pm

We had our chances, up 7 with three minutes to play on Friday and made some horrible decisions offensively that has already been beaten to death on this Board. We didn't take care of business.

Expect this will be a rallying cry for next year to make sure this doesn't happen again. This program has too many resources and too much success to accept this outcome. I like Travis Steele and think he will get us back to the Dance and I predict, he will take us farther than any other XU coach, A Final Four. It will happen, mark it down.
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:02 pm

XU80 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:39 pm
We had our chances, up 7 with three minutes to play on Friday and made some horrible decisions offensively that has already been beaten to death on this Board. We didn't take care of business.

Expect this will be a rallying cry for next year to make sure this doesn't happen again. This program has too many resources and too much success to accept this outcome. I like Travis Steele and think he will get us back to the Dance and I predict, he will take us farther than any other XU coach, A Final Four. It will happen, mark it down.
I hope so.
This was certainly a learning season for Coach Steele.
This team could have packed it in after the DePaul loss at home but they didn't.
Have to give credit to the coaching staff for that.
But seasons are going by way too quickly and I hope to see X in a F4 before my time is up.
It's been almost 30 years since seeing a Cincy team (Reds in 90) be in SB, WS or F4. Let me clarify, teams that I root for.
Al McGuire
Al McGuire
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:40 pm

mumuskie87 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:02 pm
XU80 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:39 pm

I hope so.
This was certainly a learning season for Coach Steele.
This team could have packed it in after the DePaul loss at home but they didn't.
Have to give credit to the coaching staff for that.
But seasons are going by way too quickly and I hope to see X in a F4 before my time is up.
It's been almost 30 years since seeing a Cincy team (Reds in 90) be in SB, WS or F4. Let me clarify, teams that I root for.
Let me clarify, teams that I root for.

You can also say teams that won legitimately. UC rightfully earned the nickname UNLV East, because of the chronic rule breaking which occurred during the Huggin's years There is still a reserved parking spot for UC's attorney at the NCAA headquarters.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”