NIT Games

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
X-lucidity

Re: NIT Games

Postby X-lucidity » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:07 pm

Y'all are taking life a bit too seriously today. I am about to jump in my car and head on down to watch my beloved Muskies kick some Rocket ass.......
Got me some seats ON THE FLOOR.....! Going to shout out some gentle advice to the boys.
Let's win this tourney eh, why not?
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:00 pm

free spirit triumphs over school spirit
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:46 pm

X-lucidity wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:07 pm
Y'all are taking life a bit too seriously today. I am about to jump in my car and head on down to watch my beloved Muskies kick some Rocket ass.......
Got me some seats ON THE FLOOR.....! Going to shout out some gentle advice to the boys.
Let's win this tourney eh, why not?
A nice ass kickin in the 2H.
Not a sell out but we had great seats and the crowd was pretty decently loud.
A hell of lot better than the pitiful few hundred at the Texas game.
And Norfolk St beat Bama so if X can beat Texas they will back at Cintas for one more.
That would be great to see
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:19 pm

GTown gets beat by Harvard.
BE 2-2 in the NIT.

And SJU down double digits to Az St.
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:58 pm

had a blast at the game. X struggled with odd 3-2 zone in 1st but attacked more aggressively in 2nd. Toledo had a couple very skilled players but wore down. X players seemed upbeat and relaxed, which was nice to see. As mentioned, Cintas about 65% to 70% full. Not too shabby and lots of energy from fans who seemed appreciative of another game. Now let's go kick some Longhorn tail and earn another home game. Why the heck not!
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:26 am

X plays at Texas on Sunday - 4 PM
ESPN
Go X and let's bring one more home game to Cintas and punch a return ticket to MSG
Al McGuire
Al McGuire
mumuskie87

Postby mumuskie87 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:30 am

BE has laid an egg in the NIT.
Gtown and PC both lost at home and Butler got beat by Nebraska.
2-3 in the 1st round with having 4 home games.
Al McGuire
Al McGuire
muskienick

Postby muskienick » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:59 am

X-lucidity wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:58 pm
had a blast at the game. X struggled with odd 3-2 zone in 1st but attacked more aggressively in 2nd. Toledo had a couple very skilled players but wore down. X players seemed upbeat and relaxed, which was nice to see. As mentioned, Cintas about 65% to 70% full. Not too shabby and lots of energy from fans who seemed appreciative of another game. Now let's go kick some Longhorn tail and earn another home game. Why the heck not!
There were about 5,800 folks at the Cintas according to ESPN College Basketball Scores site.
Fathers James Hoff and Michael Graham, AD Mike Bobinski, and Head Coaches Staak, Gillen, Prosser, Matta, Miller, & Mack represent a Golden Era of Xavier Men's Basketball. AD Christopher and Head Coach Steele will bring us to an even higher level!
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:18 am

My estimate was just "eyeball" looked like entire lower bowl except a few seats in horseshoe area full. Plus a small but decent amount on each side of upper level in the mid court zones. Keep in mind lots of folks there on invites from box owners, like me, that did not pay and came in through an area other than front gates. So I still will say it was slightly over 60% full. That said, IMHO, still pretty impressive for NIT and short notice. As many have said, crowd overall was upbeat and enthusiastic. Large % stayed to very end and even gave a reserve, (Frazer), a standing ovation as he feebly attempted two free throws. It was fun. Hope we get one more game. Then I challenge all you Muskie Madness folks to get your tickets...!

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”