Mack/Louisville out

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
X-Expert

Mack/Louisville out

Postby X-Expert » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:23 pm

Two game streak for Mack in which his team had a better seed and lost and 3 of last 5. well done
mumuskie87

Re: Mack/Louisville out

Postby mumuskie87 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:31 pm

Just want to check 4 boxes -

1) U of L out - check
2) UC out
3) Ohio St out
4) Wisky - out Chomp chomp
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:15 pm

X-Expert wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:23 pm
Two game streak for Mack in which his team had a better seed and lost and 3 of last 5. well done
Back on the recruiting tale to continue his false narrative of "taking a mediocre program and elevating them to greatness." D-bag in h.s., college, and adulthood.
gundun

Postby gundun » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:48 pm

Thanks for the $5.5 million.
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:38 am

mumuskie87 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:31 pm
Just want to check 4 boxes -

1) U of L out - check
2) UC out
3) Ohio St out
4) Wisky - out Chomp chomp
Extremely sloppy of you not to mention the field is also light 2x Miller brothers.
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:09 am

I still don't understand how they are saying Mack exceeded expectations. four of their starters were rated 71 or better coming out of high school. I think he did a decent job changing the culture as the fans seem to be happy but it isn't like he inherited a talent mess.

hate to say it but would say the same for Steele who I like a lot. Scruggs, marshall, Goodin, and Jones were rated 103 or better coming out of high school. both coaches needed the year to get acclimated perhaps.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:44 am

X-Expert wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:09 am
I still don't understand how they are saying Mack exceeded expectations. four of their starters were rated 71 or better coming out of high school. I think he did a decent job changing the culture as the fans seem to be happy but it isn't like he inherited a talent mess.

hate to say it but would say the same for Steele who I like a lot. Scruggs, marshall, Goodin, and Jones were rated 103 or better coming out of high school. both coaches needed the year to get acclimated perhaps.
More specifically,

I received this info. from a friend in L-Ville, who is no great fan of Mack. He wanted Billy Donovan.

V.J. King 5 star
Malik Willams: a 4-star officially but 5 star with another site (Rivals?)
Darius Perry 4 star
Jordan Nwora 4 star
Stephen Enoch 4 star

They have a couple other 4 stars, but this looks like the composite of a top 10-15 team on paper. I still think he did a good job, and may not have awakened on third base, but he definitely rounded 2nd, and was headed to third.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:25 am

Once again I agree with X-pert and AH regarding Vanilla Ice. Louisville was not in as bad as a place as most thought especially since Mack was basically already there anyway. He had two teams at X that were our chance for a final four that he steered into a second round loss. Our hometown guy pulled a fast one on us and bailed with basically no freshman class coming in. Hate to say I told you so...
joeabe

Postby joeabe » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:15 am

Help me out please? I am so far removed geographically from Cincy I have not a clue as to what you all are referring to about Mack and his leaving Xavier. It seems you guys knew about his departure in the middle of last season? It seems from your conversation a very good X team tanked in the NCAA's bowing out in the 2nd round and he failed to recruit for X and possibly was recruiting for Louisville the entire time> Is this about right?
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:29 am

joeabe wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:15 am
Help me out please? I am so far removed geographically from Cincy I have not a clue as to what you all are referring to about Mack and his leaving Xavier. It seems you guys knew about his departure in the middle of last season? It seems from your conversation a very good X team tanked in the NCAA's bowing out in the 2nd round and he failed to recruit for X and possibly was recruiting for Louisville the entire time> Is this about right?
Bingo!
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”