BEARCATS BOMB OUT

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
bluegrass

Re: BEARCATS BOMB OUT

Postby bluegrass » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:46 pm

WLW news saying that Mick might be leaving.I know Vanderbilt job is open and of course UCLA.I don't see Mick going over well out in LALA land.Vandy is at the bottom of the SEC but reportedly pays a bundle.UNLV also is looking again I think.Maybe he takes it this time.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:33 pm

bluegrass wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:46 pm
WLW news saying that Mick might be leaving.I know Vanderbilt job is open and of course UCLA.I don't see Mick going over well out in LALA land.Vandy is at the bottom of the SEC but reportedly pays a bundle.UNLV also is looking again I think.Maybe he takes it this time.
Of course they are. I wouldn't doubt that Deep Throat with these leaks is from Hep or Dan Cronin. The Cronin Spin Machine is in full swing, trying to distract from another underwhelming season. I doubt UNLV would be interested, as the UNLV President said he lied to them two years ago, when he was reportedly going back to Cincy to resign. Changing your mind is fine, but be a man about and admit it. Mick subscribes to the "If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, it didn't happen" theory.

If you go back and read Mick's response about the UNLV fiasco, it was very carefully crafted to implicitly Not directly deny her claim. Lying ( see UNLV, Macura incident, in which an OBJECTIVE CBS reporter and a referee said Mick was jawing at Macura all game), is in his DNA as a person and coach as much as losing is when it counts. He does beat the gauntlet of bottom feeders in the great AAC, who for once had a decent year. However, in the last four years before this transition year with X, X has won more NCAA games as the whole AAC league combined. Nova has won more than four times as many games than the whole AAC league.

I find it ironic that when three high profile jobs in the vicinity, Indiana, OSU, and Louisville became available in the last two years, not one of those teams called Mick. All, however, made qualifying offers to Chris Mack. Those in the area know the lack of character and hollow success he has had at UC. I personally hope they give him a lifetime contract. I'll be the first to contribute to the Go Fund me account if UC sets one up to do so, because Lord knows that since they operate in a deficit every year, they'll need outside contributions to do so.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:41 pm

Once again I agree with AH and X-pert. Any news about Mick leaving is from the Bostic camp, I mean Cronin camp. Doesn't JP have more tourney wins that the little fella in Clifton. Why even come to our board anyway? I don't get it. Go Reds

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”