Mick

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
X-Expert

Mick

Postby X-Expert » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:48 pm

Couldn't post on Bearcats bomb out post so started a new one. I have zero inside knowledge of whether Mick is being approached or not but to AH and Hops point, this could have been started from someone to deflect some attention (tail wagging the dog). It would seem very strange for him to even consider particularly since the Enquirer just had an article about 2 weeks ago (when UC was flying high) how Mick wouldn't consider leaving until his daughter graduates from high school -which is about two years i believe. I also don't see him leaving if Cumberland comes back-which i believe he will. UC may be ok next year if he does in that conference and may even beat X but see them in trouble after next year,
lionelchalmers0

Re: Mick

Postby lionelchalmers0 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:27 pm

I enjoy mocking, laughing at, making fun of, and otherwise degrading that ugly angry little man more than anyone.

But he seems like a good and dedicated father. I’ve heard and red 1000 times he has no intent on leaving until his daughter is through high school like you said. He’s sure as hell not doing it for UNLV. And if he did take one it’s not going to be UCLA which is all the way across the country.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:20 pm

lionelchalmers0 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:27 pm
I enjoy mocking, laughing at, making fun of, and otherwise degrading that ugly angry little man more than anyone.

But he seems like a good and dedicated father. I’ve heard and red 1000 times he has no intent on leaving until his daughter is through high school like you said. He’s sure as hell not doing it for UNLV. And if he did take one it’s not going to be UCLA which is all the way across the country.
But he seems like a good and dedicated father.
I agree he seems to be a dedicated, loving father, which is his most important trait. Glad to know that being a narcissistic, delusional, self-absorbed, person and a good father are not mutually exclusive.
sweet67

Postby sweet67 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:27 am

lionelchalmers0 wrote:

Lionel, did you have a run in with Mick during your playing days?

You seem to have a lot of animosity towards him.
oldhoopster

Postby oldhoopster » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:00 pm

I don't personally care for Mick in some of the things he says and does, his complaining and making excuses. He has failed in regards to NCAA tournament success. I never cared for Huggins either. But both seemed to develop players and both had their teams playing solid defense. My only hope is that Travis can get XU to play better D then some of the previous coaches who seemed to be all offensively minded.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:39 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:20 pm
lionelchalmers0 wrote:

I agree he seems to be a dedicated, loving father, which is his most important trait. Glad to know that being a narcissistic, delusional, self-absorbed, person and a good father are not mutually exclusive.
so there is hope for you too!
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:06 pm

muskieman wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:39 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
lionelchalmers0 wrote:

You casting judgement on anyone is like Bill Clinton or the Bone Spur in Chief chastising anyone about being a liar, philanderer, or anything at atll
lionelchalmers0

Postby lionelchalmers0 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:57 pm

sweet67 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:27 am
lionelchalmers0 wrote:

Lionel, did you have a run in with Mick during your playing days?

You seem to have a lot of animosity towards him.
Nah I was too busy bizarrely signing on to another team’s message board that I’m not a fan of on a daily basis back then. It was sad, I had quite a depressing life at the time.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:54 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:06 pm
muskieman wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:39 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:

You casting judgement on anyone is like Bill Clinton or the Bone Spur in Chief chastising anyone about being a liar, philanderer, or anything at atll
are you crying, are you crying...there is no crying here, you sound like Mick! :lol:
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:37 am

oldhoopster wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:00 pm
I don't personally care for Mick in some of the things he says and does, his complaining and making excuses. He has failed in regards to NCAA tournament success. I never cared for Huggins either. But both seemed to develop players and both had their teams playing solid defense. My only hope is that Travis can get XU to play better D then some of the previous coaches who seemed to be all offensively minded.
those offensively minded teams are the ones that got us to a few elite 8's/sweet 16's. as Mick has proven, D can only take you so far. you need SCORERS/GUYS WHO CAN MAKE SHOTS to advance in the tourney. X proved in the last 11 games that it could guard, but failed in the "scoring" department.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”