Jason Carter

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
skyhops

Re: Jason Carter

Postby skyhops » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:28 am

A four star recruit that couldn't get any team on a depleted team, pretty crazy. Thanks again Vanilla Ice
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:45 am

Yep, not surprising. See Kira Lewis on there from Bama. Kid's a player, but i'd expect he'll stay down south.
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:06 am

Anti-Homer wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:15 pm
Rumor is X ain't done yet. A wing-shooter who can spell Marshall when he gets "gun-itis" which he has been afflicted all year, would be a welcomed addition. He has tremendous talent, but lacks a high bball I.Q, and was taught that there is an I in team. Muskieman was his teacher apparently.
How are people ignoring the fact that we already have one, experienced transfer already on the roster.
https://goxavier.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6719
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
bluegrass

Postby bluegrass » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:20 am

Shadow wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:06 am
Anti-Homer wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:15 pm
Rumor is X ain't done yet. A wing-shooter who can spell Marshall when he gets "gun-itis" which he has been afflicted all year, would be a welcomed addition. He has tremendous talent, but lacks a high bball I.Q, and was taught that there is an I in team. Muskieman was his teacher apparently.
How are people ignoring the fact that we already have one, experienced transfer already on the roster.
https://goxavier.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6719
I tend to think there's not a lot expected since no ones talking about him? Doesn't look like he did much in his one year at Columbia.Any idea what his game is like?can he shoot ?
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:01 pm

bluegrass wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:20 am

I tend to think there's not a lot expected since no ones talking about him? Doesn't look like he did much in his one year at Columbia.Any idea what his game is like?can he shoot ?
Can you read?
Quoting TS:
“Myles is really going to help us in practice this year as he sits out his transfer year. He is strong, athletic and plays hard with a consistent motor. He is going to push our guys. He works hard and spends a lot of time in the gym."
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:52 pm

Shadow wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:01 pm
bluegrass wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:20 am

Can you read?
Quoting TS:
“Myles is really going to help us in practice this year as he sits out his transfer year. He is strong, athletic and plays hard with a consistent motor. He is going to push our guys. He works hard and spends a lot of time in the gym."
not seeing anything in here like "in a year he has a chance to really help this team, to push for a starting position, to be one of our best 3-pt shooters, etc." i get that he can't really say that but the quote he used can be said about pretty much all the guys who don't play.
Lead Guitar

Postby Lead Guitar » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:46 pm

I am hoping Myles is the under the radar guy who has now worked within the system for a year and has three years to contribute. From his HS bio and videos, he appears to be a winner who can shoot and finish.

We have all seen the development of terrific third and fourth year players that have come through X. All recruits are not immediate impact players. It is nice to have 22 and 23 year old seniors like Travis Taylor, Stanley Burrel, C J Anderson, Jalen Reynolds and even David West. Here is hoping Myles will do the same.

Many times the only way to compete with the one and done 5-star recruits is by having older, stronger, more experienced players.
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:37 pm

I think that the idea that Myles is not being counted on to be much of a contributor is borne out by the fact that Xavier continues to reach out to possible freshman recruits or immediately eligible transfers. The only other possible scenario is that they expect another player to transfer out.

There are only 13 scholarships available....

Right now.....
2 seniors
4 juniors
1 sophomore
5 freshman

Leaves only 1 open....IF Hansen doesn’t take it. But if Hansen get it the only way they bring in another player is if someone else leaves.

So it might come down to Hansen OR a transfer/freshman getting that last scholarship.

We shouldn’t assume that everyone needs an athletic scholarship to go to X either. He transferred from Columbia...which has the highest tuition cost of any university in the country. It’s also a very highly respected academic institution with high standards for admission. He might be able to get some other type of scholarship or aid based on many different factors, including academics.

I trust Steele and the staff to make the right decisions.
#WHYNOTX?
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:47 pm

As I said a few month ago therewas a good bet two would be transfering out and maybe even three.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:04 am

X is not expecting anything from Hansen but being a solid practice player. Heard he is a good athlete.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”