Kennedy

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Kennedy

Postby muskieman » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:49 pm

KK has entered tranfer pool as predicted several months ago
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
lionelchalmers0

Re: Kennedy

Postby lionelchalmers0 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:53 pm

A question for the board: do you think this is just going to be a constant cycle now that we bring in quite a few grad transfers?

What I mean is that relatively highly ranked recruits come in, and because we bring in a couple grad transfers who are undoubtedly more ready to play than a freshman and the freshmen end up not getting PT. Then they transfer so we end up missing pieces and need to bring in more transfers and the cycle continues.
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:13 pm

lionelchalmers0 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:53 pm
A question for the board: do you think this is just going to be a constant cycle now that we bring in quite a few grad transfers?

What I mean is that relatively highly ranked recruits come in, and because we bring in a couple grad transfers who are undoubtedly more ready to play than a freshman and the freshmen end up not getting PT. Then they transfer so we end up missing pieces and need to bring in more transfers and the cycle continues.
Absolutely it is something i see continuing.

A)....the number of players that the average team has transfer every year keeps going up. It’s considered normal anymore, and when a team doesn’t have at least one player transfer, it’s unusual. The grad-transfer rule has made this very common. But it also seems that less and less players are willing to wait for “their turn” to get on the court. They want playing time NOW.

B)...X seems to have embraced the grad transfer opportunities more than most other schools, and seems to do a better job than most of attracting and signing players who fall into that category.

C)...X has a very good and well respected set of graduate schools...especially in business
#WHYNOTX?
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:29 pm

I think that every school experiences transfers just look at Butler's Jordan Tucker who tranfered from Duke a 4 star that had offeres from some of the eleite schools Zona, Nova, Ville, Maryland, Syracuse etc. or Quade Green a MCDonald's all american who transfered from UK to Washington. I doubt KK will not be the last transfer. I wish him well and sad he couldn't find a home at X.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:55 am

I don't think it is that big of a deal about KK and if Harden and James leave. These are not Steele's guys and he wants his own guys.
muskienick

Postby muskienick » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:01 am

skyhops wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:55 am
I don't think it is that big of a deal about KK and if Harden and James leave. These are not Steele's guys and he wants his own guys.
I think Elias Harden became a vital cog later in this past season. He played a very decent defense and hit a number of crucial baskets while giving Scruggs and Q much needed rests.
Fathers James Hoff and Michael Graham, AD Mike Bobinski, and Head Coaches Staak, Gillen, Prosser, Matta, Miller, & Mack represent a Golden Era of Xavier Men's Basketball. AD Christopher and Head Coach Steele will bring us to an even higher level!

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”