Tyrique Jones???

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
yellow20xd

Tyrique Jones???

Postby yellow20xd » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:36 am

Declares fort the NBA Draft??? WTF has he been eating???... I know it says he won't hire an agent but come on man... Dan

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports ... 427772002/
“Wins go on the mantle. Loses go in your soul."
longliveskip

Re: Tyrique Jones???

Postby longliveskip » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:46 am

nothing wrong with this at all. if he takes the advice that the NBA scouts/evaluators give him, he will be back in an X uniform next season.
yellow20xd

Postby yellow20xd » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:17 am

And everyone knew that before he announced... Just like Gates last year... Dan
“Wins go on the mantle. Loses go in your soul."
XU80

Postby XU80 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:36 am

I love Tyrique but.... He has not improved offensively in his three years. He is a rebounder with a high motor and only average on ball defensive skills. I doubt one more year will make a difference for him unless he is committed to develop a shot which is highly unlikely.

He may just take money available in Development league although more likely head to Europe if family financial needs are great.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:17 am

Unless it is 1980 he will not be close to being drafted since the game is spread out and you have to be able to shoot the ball. Gates made a huge mistake by leaving and Jones will as well if he signs an agent. Not sure who is dishing out advice, but hopefully he doesn't sign with an agent because that will have a large hole to fill in the middle.
webxu

Postby webxu » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:33 pm

X players are openly encouraged to go through the process and get feed back. Tre did it after his junior year. Now they have changed the rules on it, for the better, most players who have aspirations of playing professionally would behoove themselves to find out what they need to work on.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:15 pm

skyhops wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:17 am
Unless it is 1980 he will not be close to being drafted since the game is spread out and you have to be able to shoot the ball. Gates made a huge mistake by leaving and Jones will as well if he signs an agent. Not sure who is dishing out advice, but hopefully he doesn't sign with an agent because that will have a large hole to fill in the middle.
of course, as you know if he signs with certain approved agents he is still allowed to come back to X. As we have seen with Tre and JP there are guys that do come back and we can hope that he doesn't do a Gates. There is a chance others may follow Jones.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:31 pm

Jeff Goodman reports

Xavier quartet of Paul Scruggs, Naji Marshall, Quentin Goodin and Tyrique Jones will all declare for the NBA Draft, a source told @Stadium. All likely to return to school
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:33 pm

Goodin wouldn't get drafted by the Washington Generals.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:40 pm

skyhops wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:33 pm
Goodin wouldn't get drafted by the Washington Generals.
I guess you never listen to your mother.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”