another may enter the pool

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

another may enter the pool

Postby muskieman » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:53 pm

X may have a one more in the transfer pool. Keep watching here and as soon as I get it confirmed I will post.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Re: another may enter the pool

Postby muskieman » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:56 pm

I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
pki1998

Postby pki1998 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:16 pm

First I would like to wish Elias the best where ever he continues his academic / athletic career.

This one makes me sad though! I've always liked Elias and that he was poised for a breakout season next year. I really thought that in the long run we would have put his name in the same category as BJ Raymond, Jason Love and Big Game James. Makes me wonder what might have been if he was red shirted his freshman year, like we should have.

Another thing that scares me is that we know have another year of returning only four players who played significant minutes, and a deep bench guy. While we have a great infusion of freshman talent (both quality and quantity) coming in this year. I am afraid of how long it will take for the team to gel during the non conference season, especially since the conference schedule will be tougher this year. Before this news I don't think we need any other recruits, now i'm hoping for a guard / small forward who can stretch the d with some good three point shooting and play great defense.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:41 pm

pki1998 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:16 pm
First I would like to wish Elias the best where ever he continues his academic / athletic career.

This one makes me sad though! I've always liked Elias and that he was poised for a breakout season next year. I really thought that in the long run we would have put his name in the same category as BJ Raymond, Jason Love and Big Game James. Makes me wonder what might have been if he was red shirted his freshman year, like we should have.

Another thing that scares me is that we know have another year of returning only four players who played significant minutes, and a deep bench guy. While we have a great infusion of freshman talent (both quality and quantity) coming in this year. I am afraid of how long it will take for the team to gel during the non conference season, especially since the conference schedule will be tougher this year. Before this news I don't think we need any other recruits, now i'm hoping for a guard / small forward who can stretch the d with some good three point shooting and play great defense.
they will have more practices and some games because of their Spain trip.
X-man

Postby X-man » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:59 am

pki1998 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:16 pm

Not even close to being comparable. Reason...we have players who have had a year to learn a system and a coach who has had a year to earn respect and develop his coaching chops. Next year is gonna be fun.
Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament, and almost always makes some noise while there. Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan (ESPN Summer Shootaround, 2012)
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:49 am

I think you're missing his point which is a valid one. ie it's pretty much means no one coming off the bench will have any experience save for James assuming he sticks. You definitely do not want to lose a kid(particularly a guard) who's in his 3rd year in the system. With Kennedy also gone, backcourt guys otb will be first year in Steele's system. The college game has changed so much it's hard to even recognize it anymore. I guess in theory if Jones, Scruggs, Marshall and Gooden all go pro, we've got an entire new squad next year except for James. Muy loco.
Xavier2005

Postby Xavier2005 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:19 pm

if they go pro???? Are you kidding us??? I do not think there are many in this group that are NBA material...very good basketball players maybe, but it takes a special player to make it to the NBA level.
finalfourorbust

Postby finalfourorbust » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:13 pm

Xavier2005 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:19 pm
if they go pro???? Are you kidding us??? I do not think there are many in this group that are NBA material...very good basketball players maybe, but it takes a special player to make it to the NBA level.

That's what we thought about Gates too but he left anyway.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:30 pm

Exactly, none of them are ready but they might be dumb enough to take the advice of an agent. From a fans standpoint as well as Xavier nothing good can come of this since none of these guys besides Scruggs can shoot there way out of a wet paper bag.
Lead Guitar

Postby Lead Guitar » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:06 pm

Another year with the new rule and all of the power conference teams will be made up of Freshmen, Sophomores and grad transfers from the MAC and Horizon leagues! How does a coach determine who to recruit if he does not know who is coming back until 5/29?

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”