Brannen New UC Coach

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
XU80

Brannen New UC Coach

Postby XU80 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:51 pm

Looks like UC upgraded their head coach position IMO.
Anti-Homer

Re: Brannen New UC Coach

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:33 pm

I'm happy for Brannen, and wish him well in the AAC. Hopefully, his success (the definition of which is liberal, if Cronin's 1 Sw 16 in 13 years of coaching is the bar) will catapult him out of the mid-major league he'll be coaching in.

Strangely, I wanted no part of him when Mack left. No particular reason, and with all due respect to him, he was successful in a low mid-major league. He's a home run for The Univ of Clifton Heights-Avondale however. He also won't need to sit on six phone books on the bench either.
sweet67

Postby sweet67 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:53 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:33 pm
I'm happy for Brannen, and wish him well in the AAC. Hopefully, his success (the definition of which is liberal, if Cronin's 1 Sw 16 in 13 years of coaching is the bar) will catapult him out of the mid-major league he'll be coaching in.

Strangely, I wanted no part of him when Mack left. No particular reason, and with all due respect to him, he was successful in a low mid-major league. He's a home run for The Univ of Clifton Heights-Avondale however. He also won't need to sit on six phone books on the bench either.
Someone find AH a lady friend

Dude must be miserable
lionelchalmers0

Postby lionelchalmers0 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:14 pm

In my opinion the best of the options they were looking at.

I’d guess Cumberland returns and samari still comes given he’ll be a more offensive minded coach.

Will be interesting in that he would seemingly be a vast departure from the type of culture both huggins and mick cultivated.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:53 pm

sweet67 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:53 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:

Dude must be miserable
This from a guy who desperately craves and seeks validation and approval from posters who matriculated from the superior academic and college basketball university he has no connection to. Why do you need a pat on the head from someone who has had to endure the shame your university has brought to the city? The Univ. of Clifton Heights Avondale has already gained notoriety in the 90's by being hailed UNLV West, because of the cheating, felonies, zero percent graduation rates, and underachievement on the court. To top that off, X alums had to subsidize the financial shenanigans (felony) committed by the AD, Bob Goins, who used public funds to make home improvements on his house. Satisfied? I suspect that someone like you feels any attention is good attention. By the way, what's the origin of your moniker "Sweet 67?" Believe me, it is solely out of curiosity that I ask. I don't judge the meaning, not that there's anything wrong with it.

One piece of advice: Look up the word period , and its place when creating sentences. Also, by "lady friend," I shudder at how liberal your definition of the latter is.

Seacrest out.
sweet67

Postby sweet67 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:25 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:53 pm
sweet67 wrote:
Anti-Homer wrote:

Dude must be miserable
This from a guy who desperately craves and seeks validation and approval from posters who matriculated from the superior academic and college basketball university he has no connection to. Why do you need a pat on the head from someone who has had to endure the shame your university has brought to the city? The Univ. of Clifton Heights Avondale has already gained notoriety in the 90's by being hailed UNLV West, because of the cheating, felonies, zero percent graduation rates, and underachievement on the court. To top that off, X alums had to subsidize the financial shenanigans (felony) committed by the AD, Bob Goins, who used public funds to make home improvements on his house. Satisfied? I suspect that someone like you feels any attention is good attention. By the way, what's the origin of your moniker "Sweet 67?" Believe me, it is solely out of curiosity that I ask. I don't judge the meaning, not that there's anything wrong with it.

One piece of advice: Look up the word period , and its place when creating sentences. Also, by "lady friend," I shudder at how liberal your definition of the latter is.

Seacrest out.
XU has 2 former players currently in prison for murder. But I'm sure they were great kids while in Norwood.

If you know so much about UC, then you must know all about XU's baggage as well. Why don't you share that as well Mr. Insider.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:11 pm

sweet67 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:25 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
sweet67 wrote:

Dude must be miserable

Seacrest out.
XU has 2 former players currently in prison for murder. But I'm sure they were great kids while in Norwood.

If you know so much about UC, then you must know all about XU's baggage as well. Why don't you share that as well Mr. Insider.
Despite the limited capacity for logic, reason, and insight demonstrated in every single one of your posts, I'm confident you'll succeed in using some complex thinking here. There is a distinction, with what a university does when a player is under one's care, as opposed to what one does when they leave said university, when the school no longer has control of those players.

When players such as Llyod Price, Eddie Eyikor,Dez Wells, and other players, who happened to be very good players, ran afoul of X's code of conduct, which is more stringent than law enforcement's, as evidenced by the city's DA & UC alum's (Joe Deters) statements about Dez Wells not committing a crime, an odd comment made from a public official, despite X expelling him. Too bad he didn't speak up during the scores of felonies committed in Clifton by players and coaches alike, when Otis Campbell was at the helm.

Conversely, UC had/has a different way of dealing with players while still at the university. Here is a very small sampling:

Darnell Burton was caught smoking pot, which is both a misdemeanor, and was against UC's policy during Huggin's era. What did UC do? Suspend him? Kick him out of school? Nah babay nah. They changed their rules, claiming that the standard was for the previous league they played in. Burton didn't miss any games.

One of their centers, can't remember his name, as scores of players ran afoul of the law in the 90s, committed felonies by doing things like kidnapping one's roommate, and toruturing him by confusing his body with an ash tray. UC definitely kicked him out right? Nah baby nah.

Forstson and Long punched a police horse, because.......he was there...and had hooves, which they so envied. Surely, they were kicked off the team, right? Nah babay nah. I could go on and on, but am limited to 100,000 characters. Sweets, do you understand the distinction now?

To top it off, UC kept a coach on staff last year who mistakenly confused a sleeping female passenger on the plane with the blow up doll he bought from an adult shop. That's assault brother. Now, if the players and coaches left UC when they commited their crimes, they'd have no culpability, like X doesn't. It's why UC still holds the honor of known as UNLV West. They turn the other way, like Tark the Shark did. You definitely can spell integrity without UC. BTW, one doesn't need to be an insider to know these things. One just has to be able to read newspapers and the internet.

I know this is a lot to ponder, and you must be bleeding from both ears by now. I know you'll check this board every 3 minutes before you go to bed to see how I replied. Please don't. I want you to get a good night's sleep.
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:10 pm

XU80 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:51 pm
Looks like UC upgraded their head coach position IMO.
I didn't realize till i read on the Enquirer website Brannen was a Rhodes Scholarship finalist when he was at Marshall. He must be a pretty smart guy. I seriously doubt a lot of guys coming out of West Virginia get a lot of consideration as Rhodes Scholars. LOL
webxu

Postby webxu » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:30 am

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:11 pm
sweet67 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:25 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:

Seacrest out.

Despite the limited capacity for logic, reason, and insight demonstrated in every single one of your posts, I'm confident you'll succeed in using some complex thinking here. There is a distinction, with what a university does when a player is under one's care, as opposed to what one does when they leave said university, when the school no longer has control of those players.

When players such as Llyod Price, Eddie Eyikor,Dez Wells, and other players, who happened to be very good players, ran afoul of X's code of conduct, which is more stringent than law enforcement's, as evidenced by the city's DA & UC alum's (Joe Deters) statements about Dez Wells not committing a crime, an odd comment made from a public official, despite X expelling him. Too bad he didn't speak up during the scores of felonies committed in Clifton by players and coaches alike, when Otis Campbell was at the helm.

Conversely, UC had/has a different way of dealing with players while still at the university. Here is a very small sampling:

Darnell Burton was caught smoking pot, which is both a misdemeanor, and was against UC's policy during Huggin's era. What did UC do? Suspend him? Kick him out of school? Nah babay nah. They changed their rules, claiming that the standard was for the previous league they played in. Burton didn't miss any games.

One of their centers, can't remember his name, as scores of players ran afoul of the law in the 90s, committed felonies by doing things like kidnapping one's roommate, and toruturing him by confusing his body with an ash tray. UC definitely kicked him out right? Nah baby nah.

Forstson and Long punched a police horse, because.......he was there...and had hooves, which they so envied. Surely, they were kicked off the team, right? Nah babay nah. I could go on and on, but am limited to 100,000 characters. Sweets, do you understand the distinction now?

To top it off, UC kept a coach on staff last year who mistakenly confused a sleeping female passenger on the plane with the blow up doll he bought from an adult shop. That's assault brother. Now, if the players and coaches left UC when they commited their crimes, they'd have no culpability, like X doesn't. It's why UC still holds the honor of known as UNLV West. They turn the other way, like Tark the Shark did. You definitely can spell integrity without UC. BTW, one doesn't need to be an insider to know these things. One just has to be able to read newspapers and the internet.

I know this is a lot to ponder, and you must be bleeding from both ears by now. I know you'll check this board every 3 minutes before you go to bed to see how I replied. Please don't. I want you to get a good night's sleep.
I believe Tre was caught smoking hash.. I cant recall, but I don't think he missed any time. JP was arrested as well, again, not sure he missed any time. Myles Davis saga.. if were going to call out UC, we need to be honest about the skeletons in our closet as well. We are not squeaky clean either, and our transgressions don't date back to the 90's.
XU85

Postby XU85 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:20 am

At risk of returning to the topic of this thread, I think UC made a great hire. Quite frankly, I hope Brannen is much more successful than Cronin, just not against Xavier. Brannen seems like a good coach and even better person.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”