Brannen New UC Coach

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
X-Expert

Re: Brannen New UC Coach

Postby X-Expert » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:29 am

X-Expert wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:28 am
ok why bother responding to sweet 67. He is a UC fan on this board looking for any comments about UC. He should be happy with his own team and new hire and move on. Everyone knows bearcats S-16 success for the last 20 years so arguing with him about program success is ludicrous at this point. Sweet 67, good luck to your team. I would join the UC faithful on their board and rally around your coach. You may need to since the former players seem to have major issues with the hire
last comment toward sweet 67.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:52 pm

sweet67 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:20 am
Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:03 pm
webxu wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:33 am
I guess my point was that UC has been pretty clean since the 90's Huggs Thugs, and well we haven't been is all. All programs have issues certainly, but lets give credit where credit is due, Mick's teams didn't have those issues, while Mack's did. Here's hoping Brannen and Steele make it a healthy rivalry and each team has saints. :)
Mick's teams didn't have those issues
http://www.fox19.com/2018/10/23/ex-uc-a ... r-assault/ (Assoc HC). Mick knew of Harvey Weinstein Davis' penchant for molestation before it became public.

http://www.fox19.com/story/18369722/uc- ... b-bouncer/ (multiple players).

www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/story/.(If not for the grace of kenny Frease and legal gymnastics of Deters, Gates and that other UC thug would still be in sitting in jail for felonious assault. From the Enquirer,"Cincinnati’s Yancy Gates received the longest suspension, six games. Gates punched Xavier’s Kenny Frease _ CHEAP SHOT, causing a gash that left him bleeding below his left eye, and hit at least one other Xavier player during the fracas.

Frease also was kicked as the two teams converged on each other. X-rays of Frease after the game were normal. Gates cheap shot could have killed Frease, and that other thuggish center kicked him while he was down. Neither made the league, but both received lucrative offers from different chapters of the Bloods and Crips).

I'm done. Tired of shooting fish in a 1/2 gallon fish bowl. Sorry to ruin your narrative of the pious Cronin Web.
AH is softer than funeral music.

Hes the type of guy who (much like the Xavier basketball team) talks trash, but is nowhere to be found when a physical confrontation occurs.

Xavier had a full team on the court during the brawl just like UC, but they were scared to death. Too cowardly to protect their teammate when things got rough.

Then they get on the mic and talk about being gangsters and zipping people up. Lyons and Tu started the fight, elected not to participate in the fight, then got on a mic and claimed to be tough.

People forget that.

Also, if we are gonna talk about Larry Davis, lets also talk about Xavier's own Monte "Jerkin" Mathis.
You know you were told not to post while you on Ativan. Feeling confused and Memory problems or loss are the side effects which make you look foolish when you post. UC's little freshman started the fight and the video proved it.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:17 pm

Sources tell me that AH's dawg Pat Kelsey met with NKU for a week, trying to work out a deal but NKU was not going to let him bring his strength and conditioning coach and he and his assistants would be taking a decent pay cut to come aboard. I figured NKU could offer more.
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:41 pm

Fwiw, the word i heard is his salary and his assistants would have gone up quite a bit at Nku, almost 50%. The problem was he would not agree to a buyout schedule if he left. If the numbers i heard are close, his base pay is less than 250k now. Low for his experience level. He'd have made more, but he would not agree to a buyout in any typical fashion.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:51 pm

I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:13 pm

thecoach wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:40 pm
XU85 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:20 am
At risk of returning to the topic of this thread, I think UC made a great hire. Quite frankly, I hope Brannen is much more successful than Cronin, just not against Xavier. Brannen seems like a good coach and even better person.
Did X interview Brannen when Mack left?
Yes,

For the assistant to the assistant video coordinator.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”