Hauser Brothers Transferring

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
bluegrass

Hauser Brothers Transferring

Postby bluegrass » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:55 am

Markjus Howard comes back for his senior year but the 2 brothers are leaving.That's a huge blow for Marquette and doesn't help Wojo.That coaching seat has to be really hot now particularly after they flame out in March again
XavierRunningMan

Re: Hauser Brothers Transferring

Postby XavierRunningMan » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:25 am

Hear VA is going after them hard already. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them end up at UNC/Duke.

Would absolutely love to see them in runningman blue 😂
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:46 am

i can think of only 1 of 2 reasons these guys are leaving:

1. They thought Howard was leaving for the NBA but he decided to stay. They thought this was "their" team for next year and now don't want to play 2nd fiddle to Howard for another season or

2. They just don't like Woj.

what am i missing here?
XU2011

Postby XU2011 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:20 pm

- maybe incoming players pressing for minutes?
- Shoe $$?
- maybe the older one just wants a change of scenery and the younger is following

I think it’s sad though that the whole thing has come to this kind of thing.. I think not good for the sport longer term.
webxu

Postby webxu » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:13 pm

Something is definitely amiss, NO WAY they both transfer from a potential top 5 team unless they don't get along with Howard or Woj. They were the 2nd and 3rd options from a top 5 team, so they were in no danger of losing time to incomers. Sad cuz it hurts the league, happy as it helps X chances to win the league.
OUmuskie

Postby OUmuskie » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:53 pm

Here is what I have heard from an alum.

The Hauser brothers went to Woj and voiced their opinion that too much "hero ball" was being played by Howard. Woj had told them that this would be addressed. Marquette proceeds to lose 6 of their last 7 games. A play was called to go to someone other than Howard and somehow Howard takes the last shot. "Hero ball" continued.

In defense of Howard, he is the Big East player of the year. Give the guy the ball, right?

The straw that broke the camel's back is when Howard tweeted out, "I'm back".

I think the guy that looks the worst in all of this is Woj. He clearly could not keep his players happy. How unhappy do you have to be to leave a top 5 team, be okay with sitting out for a year, and lose a year of eligibility? (the younger Hauser brother has already red-shirted a year which means he will lose a year). You must be really unhappy!!!!!!!!!!!!
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:21 pm

Our two worst shooters take the most shots on our team, if that is not hero ball I don’t know what is. At least Howard can shoot. I heard the Ellanson Brothers are counseling the Hausers
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:47 pm

OUmuskie wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:53 pm
Here is what I have heard from an alum.

The Hauser brothers went to Woj and voiced their opinion that too much "hero ball" was being played by Howard. Woj had told them that this would be addressed. Marquette proceeds to lose 6 of their last 7 games. A play was called to go to someone other than Howard and somehow Howard takes the last shot. "Hero ball" continued.

In defense of Howard, he is the Big East player of the year. Give the guy the ball, right?

The straw that broke the camel's back is when Howard tweeted out, "I'm back".

I think the guy that looks the worst in all of this is Woj. He clearly could not keep his players happy. How unhappy do you have to be to leave a top 5 team, be okay with sitting out for a year, and lose a year of eligibility? (the younger Hauser brother has already red-shirted a year which means he will lose a year). You must be really unhappy!!!!!!!!!!!!
I watched much of about 8 Marquette games this year, and I often noticed the frustration on the faces of the Hausers on some of the shots Howard took. It's a hard position for a coach to be in, but they get paid millions to make hard "basketball" decisions. I would have had a "clearing the air" meeting with all three, to discuss the brewing issue. Woj may have done that; I don't know. But Wojo has now lost two highly talented brothers in the Hasuers, and another tandem from 3-4 years ago whose names escape me. Hopefully, if we can't get Blackshear, they do.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”