MCC , A-10 and BE players: your top picks?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

MCC , A-10 and BE players: your top picks?

Postby muskieman » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:32 pm

look at X in the MCC, A-10 and BE. Who are your 13 picks of Xaver players from each league? Only one of the 13 can be a transfer player with one exception because of shorter timeline 2 transfers can be allowed for the BE IF you have a crossover person between leagues you may put them on both leagues rosters if you chose. Good Luck and sorry to the players before these three leagues
My picks
MCC
B Lark, T Hill, A Williams, D Strong, J. Walker, A Hicks, Mike Hawkins, B Grant, L Sikes, D Bailey, Ralph Lee, J Gladden Stan Kimbrough transfer to make 13 with apologies to S Gentry, W McBride, M Davenport, and V Fleming

A-10
D West, Darnell Williams, J Posey, L Brown, R Sato, Tu Holloway, L Chalmers, S Burrrell, J Doellman, J Duncan, D Brown, B J Raymond apology to J Cage D Lavender as transfer which was tough because of Crawford and Thornton

BE
T Bluiett, JP Macura, S Christon, J Farr, J Reynolds, E Sumner, Sean O Mara, Naji, P Scruggs, T Jones, Davis D or M as a tossup 13th player Transfer M. Bernard, Kanter, and the hardest one M Stainbrook with an apology to Hankins

BE tough because of lack of years and MCC was tough because of so much NBA or potential NBA talent A-10 was tough deciding the transfer.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
oldhoopster

Re: MCC , A-10 and BE players: your top picks?

Postby oldhoopster » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:27 pm

Was Lenny Brown A-10? Thought he was MCC. I have no memory 🙂.
Justin Cage every day over Derrick Brown. No contest there IMO.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:00 pm

Lenny was recruited to the A-10 so was Lumpkin

I struggled with Cage. He was certainly a force and every time I read my list I changed between Brown and Cage.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
gym from delhi

Postby gym from delhi » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:04 pm

I think Jeff Jenkins was a better player than Larry or Dexter, certainly better than the last four.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:25 pm

gym from delhi wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:04 pm
I think Jeff Jenkins was a better player than Larry or Dexter, certainly better than the last four.
You are kidding better than Ralph Lee the assist leader. Jeff had Victor Fleming, John Shimko, and Dexter (Skywalker) Bailey together all drafted by the NBA while Ralph Had Hicks and he made Hicks better by taking the PG spot which let Hick become the SG. Those guys left Lee and two years later Lee lead the team to the highest win total ever for X...25 I liked Jeff but there were only so many spots. :D :D
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:12 pm

muskieman wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:32 pm
look at X in the MCC, A-10 and BE. Who are your 13 picks of Xaver players from each league? Only one of the 13 can be a transfer player with one exception because of shorter timeline 2 transfers can be allowed for the BE IF you have a crossover person between leagues you may put them on both leagues rosters if you chose. Good Luck and sorry to the players before these three leagues
My picks
MCC
B Lark, T Hill, A Williams, D Strong, J. Walker, A Hicks, Mike Hawkins, B Grant, L Sikes, D Bailey, Ralph Lee, J Gladden Stan Kimbrough transfer to make 13 with apologies to S Gentry, W McBride, M Davenport, and V Fleming

A-10
D West, Darnell Williams, J Posey, L Brown, R Sato, Tu Holloway, L Chalmers, S Burrrell, J Doellman, J Duncan, D Brown, B J Raymond apology to J Cage D Lavender as transfer which was tough because of Crawford and Thornton

BE
T Bluiett, JP Macura, S Christon, J Farr, J Reynolds, E Sumner, Sean O Mara, Naji, P Scruggs, T Jones, Davis D or M as a tossup 13th player Transfer M. Bernard, Kanter, and the hardest one M Stainbrook with an apology to Hankins

BE tough because of lack of years and MCC was tough because of so much NBA or potential NBA talent A-10 was tough deciding the transfer.
Was Garry Massa In MCC or before that? He was very good
gym from delhi

Postby gym from delhi » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:50 am

I was referring to the four alternates Gentry etc al.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:50 pm

gym from delhi wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:50 am
I was referring to the four alternates Gentry etc al.
explain why you think Jeff is better than Lary of Brown?
gym from delhi

Postby gym from delhi » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:38 pm

Lenny Brown is not evan listed in the MCC group, and Jeff Jenkins was a better player for more years than Larry Sykes, who was pretty worthless until his senior year
gym from delhi

Postby gym from delhi » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:49 pm

Career stats show Jeff with twice as many points and assists as Larry, with equal rebounds.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”