Xavier awards

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Xavier awards

Postby muskieman » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:19 pm

Per Shannon
Xavier just announced its end-of-season awards, which are based on fan votes and coaches' input. They are:
🏀 Ernest A. Staak Memorial Award: Zach Hankins
This award is presented annually to the player who best exemplifies the elder Staak's life, including his unselfish dedication and love of the game of basketball.
🏀 Connie Brown Award: Tyrique Jones
This award is presented annually to the most inspirational player. It honors the memory of the late Constance Brown, a woman whose life and death has inspired many. Although not a Xavier alum, Connie and her husband, the late Dr. Michael Brown, adopted Xavier as their school. They were great Xavier sports fans and extended their care and concern to all of Xavier's students. Their generosity and friendliness made them Xavier legends.
🏀 Gordon E. Nead Award: Paul Scruggs
The late Gordon E. Nead was a 1927 Xavier graduate and was also Athletic Director at Xavier. This award is presented annually to the team's most improved player.
🏀 Lew Hirt Society Award: Quentin Goodin
This award is presented annually to the player the Coaching Staff feels stood out in some significant way during the season.
🏀 Skip Prosser Award: Naji Marshall
This award is presented annually to the player who exemplifies the qualities that Coach Prosser admired. Like Coach Prosser, this player showed great toughness, an untiring work ethic, a burning competitive spirit, and he never backed down from a challenge.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”