AFTER he was drafted!

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
SC in DC

AFTER he was drafted!

Postby SC in DC » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:32 pm

One of the other players listed was Edmond Sumner, who was a player at Xavier at the time. Sood testified that Sumner needed $75,000 "in the coming year." Sood said he didn't give Dawkins the $75,000, but that he gave Sumner a loan -- after he was drafted -- and also in order to secure him as a client, had to pay off a prior financial advisor with whom Sumner had an arrangement.
X-Expert

Re: AFTER he was drafted!

Postby X-Expert » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:40 pm

anyone else thing Sumner was bad news at X. He sure seems to be around the flame
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:59 am

X-Expert wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:40 pm
anyone else thing Sumner was bad news at X. He sure seems to be around the flame
Not at all. Now, if it is proven someone at X knew about it, or was complicit in anyway, then that's different.
JTG

Postby JTG » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:44 pm

If after he was drafted, who cares ? I believe he was under the old system, where once you declared you were no longer NCAA eligible.
sweet67

Postby sweet67 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:57 pm

X-Expert wrote:
I think it is worse that Miller and Book were at X.

You assume they weren't just crooked at Zona.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:24 pm

sweet67 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:57 pm
X-Expert wrote:

the difference is administration. BTW I thought Sean went to Zona because it is easier to win a National Championship but has yet to get to a final four... what is that about.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:24 pm

sweet67 wrote:
X-Expert wrote:

Great point. It's kind of like assuming Univ of Clifton Heights Avondale being the dirtiest program with the most felonies with their players ended with the Huggins years, which aptly earned them that the dubious distinction of being known as UNLV East. Unfortunately, though, three body shops went out of business when Huggins went to WVA. Must be nice to have a U of Clifton Heights Avondale alum as the DA to sweep even more felonies under the carpet. Unfortunately for UCHA, when their assistant coach last year was caught molesting a passenger on a plane, it was out of Deters jurisdiction. However, to Sweet's point, one can't assume it was simply an isolated incident based on the history of felonies at UCHA. Well played sir.
sweet67

Postby sweet67 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:55 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:24 pm
sweet67 wrote:
X-Expert wrote:

Great point. It's kind of like assuming Univ of Clifton Heights Avondale being the dirtiest program with the most felonies with their players ended with the Huggins years, which aptly earned them that the dubious distinction of being known as UNLV East. Unfortunately, though, three body shops went out of business when Huggins went to WVA. Must be nice to have a U of Clifton Heights Avondale alum as the DA to sweep even more felonies under the carpet. Unfortunately for UCHA, when their assistant coach last year was caught molesting a passenger on a plane, it was out of Deters jurisdiction. However, to Sweet's point, one can't assume it was simply an isolated incident based on the history of felonies at UCHA. Well played sir.
Monte Jerkin Mathis
Eddie Hit n Run Eyikor
Lloyd Stop n Go Price
Darnell DUI Williams
Book Richardson
Sean Miller
Dedrick Dog Finn
Mo No Parole Brantley
Andre Life Smith
Myles Data Plan Davis
JP M.M. Macura
Tre Blunt Bluiett
Drew Lavendar
Jordan Crawford
Larry Sykes
Kenya Hunter
Jake Walter
DeWaun Rose
Dez Wells

Just a few that have come through Norwood Tech at Evanston.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:11 pm

sweet67 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:55 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
sweet67 wrote:

Monte Jerkin Mathis
Eddie Hit n Run Eyikor
Lloyd Stop n Go Price
Darnell DUI Williams
Book Richardson
Sean Miller
Dedrick Dog Finn
Mo No Parole Brantley
Andre Life Smith
Myles Data Plan Davis
JP M.M. Macura
Tre Blunt Bluiett
Drew Lavendar
Jordan Crawford
Larry Sykes
Kenya Hunter
Jake Walter
DeWaun Rose
Dez Wells

And yet we were not bestowed the title UNLV East. Go figure. I also wonder where X ranks academically relative to the school you allegedly graduated from, where the prerequisite was simply wearing a clean bowling shirt?
lionelchalmers0

Postby lionelchalmers0 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:16 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:11 pm
sweet67 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:55 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:

Monte Jerkin Mathis
Eddie Hit n Run Eyikor
Lloyd Stop n Go Price
Darnell DUI Williams
Book Richardson
Sean Miller
Dedrick Dog Finn
Mo No Parole Brantley
Andre Life Smith
Myles Data Plan Davis
JP M.M. Macura
Tre Blunt Bluiett
Drew Lavendar
Jordan Crawford
Larry Sykes
Kenya Hunter
Jake Walter
DeWaun Rose
Dez Wells

And yet we were not bestowed the title UNLV East. Go figure. I also wonder where X ranks academically relative to the school you allegedly graduated from, where the prerequisite was simply wearing a clean bowling shirt?
Lol. You think sweet67 has graduated from anything? At best he graduated from a work release program.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”