Q and the BBall combine

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Q and the BBall combine

Postby muskieman » Tue May 14, 2019 1:03 pm

Quentin Goodin to participate in the 2019 Professional Basketball Combine!
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
olsingledigit

Re: Q and the BBall combine

Postby olsingledigit » Tue May 14, 2019 4:48 pm

What does this mean for his chances to return?
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue May 14, 2019 5:14 pm

The same as Paul's. They have till the 30th to withdraw. Just so the wrong people don't get into their ear and feed them the wrong info. Friends are many times not real friends.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Wed May 15, 2019 2:51 pm

I think Scruggs has much more of an NBA skill-set but needs at least one more year in college to work on his handle and more consistent shooting. While I want Q back, I don't think he can help himself by coming back but would be good for X for sure. If he gets a good offer in G league or overseas -he should take it. lets be honest, I believe he may need the money too
JTG

Postby JTG » Thu May 16, 2019 10:10 pm

X-Expert wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 2:51 pm
I think Scruggs has much more of an NBA skill-set but needs at least one more year in college to work on his handle and more consistent shooting. While I want Q back, I don't think he can help himself by coming back but would be good for X for sure. If he gets a good offer in G league or overseas -he should take it. lets be honest, I believe he may need the money too
Overseas maybe, the $35k G League salary is ridiculous.
oldhoopster

Postby oldhoopster » Thu May 23, 2019 7:36 pm

Scruggs maybe. Goodin, doubtful. Better players from X have not made it. IMO, Goodin has too many weaknesses. But if he's sold by these guys, he won't be back at X this year. Probably could make $ overseas though.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Thu May 23, 2019 9:32 pm

I would not surprise me if Q leaves for various reasons, plus he almost left last year. I can't imagine that he can play in the NBA with the lack of an outside shot, especially in todays NBA. I'm sure he looks great from an athletic stand point going thru the combine. Paul leaving would be a huge blow.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”