Stream Xavier - Spain Tour

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
olsingledigit

Re: Stream Xavier - Spain Tour

Postby olsingledigit » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:43 pm

Game 3 Quarter 3 - 68-56 X at the end of 3. We righted the ship a bit at the end of the 3d. Naji was on a tear with a 5 point mini-run in 45 seconds and more points in the 3d. In fairness to X, we are trying a lot of different combinations and substituting liberally. So that hurts the continuity somewhat.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:44 pm

Naji almost getting into it again. Very chippy game.

T on Naji.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:51 pm

Game 3 Final 90-71 X. Naji is a beast. We were too helter skelter IMO but again that has a lot to do with the number and frequency of substitutions.

Successful trip. Have a safe trip home, boys.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:51 pm

Looks like the team has learned to play a tough game with a lot of chippy play, FINAL: Xavier 90, Spain Select 71
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:03 pm

Thanks for updates. Nice way to end on a tougher game where we had to dig deep to secure the win. I like that it was a bit chippy and likely physical. Good experience to now salt away a few weeks to stoke the excitement prior to October! Love it.
Michigan Musketeer

Postby Michigan Musketeer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:15 pm

A lot of talent but also some warts which you expect this time of the season. Not sure how the Spanish competition compares to who the other teams are playing. I see Seton Hall & Syracuse have huge half time leads in their game and looked liked a much better stream. The streaming especially the last game was terrible-frozen screen over half the action. Looking forward to the season.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:43 pm

I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”