Talk XU Men's basketball here...
X-lucidity

Re: Stream Xavier - Spain Tour

Postby X-lucidity » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:50 pm

Thanks for nice recap Digit... ;-)
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:55 pm

If you want to see a box score of the game today look here. https://goxavier.com/documents/2019/8/1 ... mUlK86Cxak
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:27 pm

Game 3 - 26-14 end of quarter one. X started three freshmen plus Carter and Q. We played most everyone during the quarter. We jacked up a lot of shots we probably should not have. Still we have dominated.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:37 pm

Tired of listening to the whistle!
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:54 pm

Game 3 - 51-37 X at the half. Again we jacked up a lot of shots. Q taking a lot of shots, but he has been scoring a lot. Free throw shooting has not been good (like last year - 1 for 2) and the defense was not good the second quarter. Overall not a good quarter. We had a 20 point lead early in the quarter and frittered it down to 14 at the half.

Miles started the game and got two ticky tacky fouls in the first minute. He came back for a little in the second quarter. He definitely has talent but also definitely needs to put on weight. He was being bounced around by the stronger Spainish interior guys and they were double teaming him.

Lets see what happens in the second half.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:14 pm

Game 3 Quarter 3 - Lead down to 7 and we have not scored in the first four and a half minutes. Now a fight broke out. One of the Spanish players threw an X player to the ground and the benches emptied. We are out of control. Our shots have been terrible and we are playing alley ball. Lead down to 5
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:27 pm

Jones had a hell of a game with 17 points and 7 rebounds in the 16 minutes he played. He was thrown out of game for coming to the defense of Q
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:29 pm

68-56 after three quarters Quentin Goodin is also having a really good game with 14 points and five rebounds.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:38 pm

Q now Up to 17 points with six rebounds.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:42 pm

Naji Marshall with Steal and dunk. He has 20 points

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”