Ben Carlson?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
73 grad

Ben Carlson?

Postby 73 grad » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:02 am

Anyone heard how the visit went? Obviously no letter signed.
Shadow

Re: Ben Carlson?

Postby Shadow » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:29 pm

73 grad wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:02 am
Anyone heard how the visit went? Obviously no letter signed.
The way I look at it:
He visited X, as his primary choice, in order to gauge the deficiencies of the other schools down the line.
That being said, given the fact that he still has at least 3 all expense paid trips to other schools, why would he commit and pass up trips with his parents.
The young man will do what he deems best after his California visit.
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com ... -of-visits
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:53 pm

Saw something that it was between X and Purdue.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:14 pm

Carson had a lot of things pulling on him and despite Xavier having been on him the hardest, for the longest and seems to have been in the lead for a long time he does like the academics of Stanford. Purdue has three players for one spot. Hunter Dickinson(FSU, L'Ville, UNC, Notre Dame, Michigan, Providence, and Purdue), Ryan Kalkbrenner (Creighton, Purdue, and Stanford) and Ben and Purdue will take the first one to jump. Ben is also getting pressure to stay at home and play for Minnesota one of his last six. Then there is his dad who not only is an Iowa State alum but played basketball for the Cyclones. Let's hope all the hard work put in by the X staff pays off.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
XavierRunningMan

Postby XavierRunningMan » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:57 am

2020 Millard North (NE) F Max Murrell has committed to Stanford.

Hoping this is good news. Might knock Stanford out?
XavierRunningMan

Postby XavierRunningMan » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:46 am

Also worth noting...the entire staff had an in home visit with BC yesterday.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:22 pm

XavierRunningMan wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:57 am
2020 Millard North (NE) F Max Murrell has committed to Stanford.

stats and basically clones of each other this is good news. Might knock Stanford out?
they are very similar with Max rated only slightly higher. Let's hope that this does make Stanford and Ben look in other directions. Travis and staff visited but before that visit they were in NJ looking at someone I'd like to see them get
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
X-man

Postby X-man » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:01 pm

247Sports now has Carlson predicted to come to Xavier over Stanford (67%-33%). Two forecasters, including Brian Snow who is very good, predicted Carlson to Xavier this morning. Let's hope they know something beyond simply the fact that the entire X coaching staff did an in-home visit to Carlson this week.
Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament, and almost always makes some noise while there. Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan (ESPN Summer Shootaround, 2012)
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:14 pm

X-man wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:01 pm
247Sports now has Carlson predicted to come to Xavier over Stanford (67%-33%). Two forecasters, including Brian Snow who is very good, predicted Carlson to Xavier this morning. Let's hope they know something beyond simply the fact that the entire X coaching staff did an in-home visit to Carlson this week.
Jumped to 83% now
X-man

Postby X-man » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:24 pm

muskieman wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:14 pm
X-man wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:01 pm
Jumped to 83% now
That's because the lead 247 recruiting expert flipped his vote to Xavier from Stanford. It certainly looks promising that the Muskies will be filling out their 2020 class in the next couple of weeks.
Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament, and almost always makes some noise while there. Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan (ESPN Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”