Akron is the closed scrimmage game

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Akron is the closed scrimmage game

Postby muskieman » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:01 pm

Hearing Oct 26th
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Shadow

Re: Akron is the closed scrimmage game

Postby Shadow » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:20 pm

aka - the Family Feud!
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:44 pm

X took it on the chin from Groce's Akron squad.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskienick

Postby muskienick » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:25 pm

muskieman wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:44 pm
X took it on the chin from Groce's Akron squad.
Did XU use its first string for an extended period of time or were they mainly concentrating on the newer and less-established guys? One knows these games are usually meaningless, but we'd like to know (if there were some prying eyes on the proceedings) if we have some REAL worries going into this coming season.
Fathers James Hoff and Michael Graham, AD Mike Bobinski, and Head Coaches Staak, Gillen, Prosser, Matta, Miller, & Mack represent a Golden Era of Xavier Men's Basketball. AD Christopher and Head Coach Steele will bring us to an even higher level!
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:40 am

When I hear that we went something like 2 for 25 from three point range with multiple turnovers and poor shots I can't help but wonder if have learned anything from last year. Hopefully, Steele can figure it out and get his point across.
X-man

Postby X-man » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:33 pm

skyhops wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:40 am
When I hear that we went something like 2 for 25 from three point range with multiple turnovers and poor shots I can't help but wonder if have learned anything from last year. Hopefully, Steele can figure it out and get his point across.
Where did you hear that? If true, let's see what they look like Wed. night before pronouncing judgement.
Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament, and almost always makes some noise while there. Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan (ESPN Summer Shootaround, 2012)
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:45 pm

That’s what my sources haved relayed. I didn’t realize there was no passing judgment on a message board.
edgecliff hall

Postby edgecliff hall » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:48 pm

HA
X-man

Postby X-man » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:19 pm

skyhops wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:45 pm
That’s what my sources haved relayed. I didn’t realize there was no passing judgment on a message board.
There is. But sources would help. Plus a "secret scrimmage" is hardly basis for "passing Judgement".
Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament, and almost always makes some noise while there. Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan (ESPN Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”