Val Ackerman

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
edgecliff hall

Val Ackerman

Postby edgecliff hall » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:40 pm

Very good story on Val Ackerman in XavierHoops. XU is most fortunate to be in her BIG EAST.
muskieman

Re: Val Ackerman

Postby muskieman » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:45 pm

I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:04 pm

Good read.
Thanks.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:38 am

Good article. My only concern is potentially sub-letting some TV games to the NY cable company. Part of what has made the BE so great is being table to see I every game on tv. Even when I travel I can find a place to see the game. However I doubt a lot of us (especially the Midwest schools) can get the NY Cable outlet. Not good.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:28 pm

olsingledigit wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:38 am
Good article. My only concern is potentially sub-letting some TV games to the NY cable company. Part of what has made the BE so great is being table to see I every game on tv. Even when I travel I can find a place to see the game. However I doubt a lot of us (especially the Midwest schools) can get the NY Cable outlet. Not good.
I can readily remember going to o'callaghan's pub or Mother Hubbard's to be able to view any game. Inconvenient by current options but wouldn't pass up those memories for anything.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:02 am

I had a speaking engagement recently in New Haven, Conn. The people there seemed more concerned about the negative to football than the positive to basketball.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”