Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Shadow

Kill(er) Steele

Postby Shadow » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:05 pm

Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
muskieman

Re: Kill(er) Steele

Postby muskieman » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:35 pm

Travis gives us some idea of who was missing in the scrimmage.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
madness31

Postby madness31 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:15 am

Love the comments about defensive focus and efficiency. Great idea to encourage the fans to get behind kills. Travis said all the right things. I've been preaching for awhile now about the need for coaches to understand psychology to get the most from players. People react differently to stimuli so applying the same method to everyone will never maximize talent. Travis seems to get this.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:50 am

madness31 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:15 am
Love the comments about defensive focus and efficiency. Great idea to encourage the fans to get behind kills. Travis said all the right things. I've been preaching for awhile now about the need for coaches to understand psychology to get the most from players. People react differently to stimuli so applying the same method to everyone will never maximize talent. Travis seems to get this.
will this mean you show patience with the team this year?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
madness31

Postby madness31 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:47 pm

I'd say watching about half the season and seeing the same problems over and over was patient.

Saying the right things and doing the right things are unfortunately sometime miles apart. I'm encouraged by the comments but I'd like to see it materialize on the court. The defensive intensity he discussed should be relatively easy to put in place. Teaching the difference between a good shot and bad shot is a bit more challenging. In my opinion the only real way to get some players to see the difference is by adjusting playing time. Tell them all practice, every practice and some players will never change their habits. Remove them from the game and they start seeing things more clearly.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”