Missouri State game thread

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Re: Missouri State game thread

Postby muskieman » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:21 am

Beside laying D what did Schrand contribute in his two games? Second KyKy will allow TSS to sit Q from time to time but outside that only Paul can fill in which means he doesn’t get to sit. Bishop has filled in but again either Paul or Q will still be in with Naji.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:28 am

Any idea when KyKy will be back? I heard after Charleston, which is further out than I expected.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:44 am

X-Expert wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:30 pm
xu39 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:57 am
I am definitely concerned about this year's team. I am concerned about not enough dribble driving on offense and not enough getting the ball inside on offense. I am very concerned about Steele's coaching too. And the new players have not shown a whole lot last year and this year IMO. I felt like we definitely underachieved last year, and I am seeing many of the same type of problems this year. I hope that it is just a slow start, but I do not think so. Very concerned about a lot of things.
XU39 agree with your concerns but a lot is hard to blame on Steele-other than letting bad shooters keep shooting (even if wide open) if they are still shooting less than 15% from3). This is a bad shooting team. Was last year and so far worse this year. I don't see the shooting greatly improving and my biggest concern is Miss St was probably the best offensive team they have played this year and the D wasn't as stifling. Nationally, way too much was put into a 6 game run last year where X beat a down trodden Big East conference -none of which went further than UC in the touney so you know it was a down year. The problem with X is from an offensive standpoint, their true success is one dimensional and that is getting to the basket on a dribble drive. This isn't a team that will bail themselves out by a 3 point shot like years past. They simply have no answers, Hopefully Tandy can take some pressure off and hit shots because if not, it will be a tall order to be 500 in conference play.
what did we give up? 56 points? i get it. had some inconsistencies on the defensive end at times but still only gave up 56 points, only 26 in the 2nd half. not worried about defense at all. and the shooting will come. it won't get to where we want it, but it will get to a respectable line.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:59 am

skyhops wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:28 am
Any idea when KyKy will be back? I heard after Charleston, which is further out than I expected.
i thought he may be back for Ctown tourney but we can win this thing without him. i can't imagine that we can shoot any worse from 3 so let's just hope that SOME people continue to figure out that old adage of "less is more" *(meaning if i take LESS 3 pt shots my team will win by MORE points :) )

and then let's hope the guys who ARE supposed to take 3's simply get better at it.

law of averages says that it's got to improve.

we shall see.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:41 pm

longliveskip wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:59 am
skyhops wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:28 am
i thought he may be back for Ctown tourney but we can win this thing without him. i can't imagine that we can shoot any worse from 3 so let's just hope that SOME people continue to figure out that old adage of "less is more" *(meaning if i take LESS 3 pt shots my team will win by MORE points :) )

and then let's hope the guys who ARE supposed to take 3's simply get better at it.

law of averages says that it's got to improve.

we shall see.
Steele says Tandy is still working his way back from the injury and likely won't play in Charleston. He could, however, return to practice on the trip. So keep fingers crossed. On the concussion front Daniel Ramsey is not completely cleared to play and still in the non-contact portion of the return. "Hopefully he'll be able to play down in Charleston," Travis Steele said, but it all depends on his progress.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”