Lipcomb vs X 11/30/19

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Lipcomb vs X 11/30/19

Postby muskieman » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:04 pm

KyKy today
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Re: Lipcomb vs X 11/30/19

Postby muskieman » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:09 pm

Bisons 5 out of 6 lead 10-9 Carter needs to pick up the D
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:24 pm

Carter doesn't seem to be able to finish. Missing layups by leaving them short. The crowd is dead much like X's offense X 19-16
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:46 pm

14-2 run over last 6 minutes and X hathe lead 40-26
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:14 pm

Sorry to keep beating this now nearly deceased horse, but: Face it, Carter is a disappointment. We have enough of a sample size. Best contribution is as a stretch 4 as he can hit a wide open 3. Thankfully Freemantle looks promising
Alpalpa

Postby Alpalpa » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:33 pm

I like with Steele is doing. Right now, there are no starters in the game, and two of the players, Kyky and James are seeing their first real action. He’s weathering this team before Big East play, and developing experienced depth. The up-and-down nature of the game today is not only to be expected, but useful.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:24 pm

Well X had a decent lead at the half but the second half really proves that this team can score when they share the ball and look for the good shots. I think the pressure of the D had a cumulative effect on the Bisons. Nice win and good to see Ramsey and KyKy play, both scored on their first tries, and provide a depth that will help this team. Like to see Freemantle's aggressiveness and touch around the rim. His FT is fantastic so far and hopes it rubs off on others. I see The Glove come in and do his thing on D and O. Turnovers in the second half were better than the first but X needs to get those in single digits. Stat of the day 27 pts 16 rebounds from Freemantle, Jones and Ramsey
muskienick

Postby muskienick » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:38 pm

What I really liked was that Coach Steele played 5 guys off the bench for double-digit minutes today. 3 of those guys (at least) could easily be starters (Moore, Freemantle, and Tandy). And those three fill gaps that would be needed: a shooter who plays great defense; a guy in the paint who rebounds and blocks shots with the best of them while being able to score well in the paint as well; and a point guard who is quick, can score from the perimeter, and who will likely not only excite the crowd, but also soon learn to run the defense effectively.
Fathers James Hoff and Michael Graham, AD Mike Bobinski, and Head Coaches Staak, Gillen, Prosser, Matta, Miller, & Mack represent a Golden Era of Xavier Men's Basketball. AD Christopher and Head Coach Steele will bring us to an even higher level!
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:33 pm

X-lucidity wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:14 pm
Sorry to keep beating this now nearly deceased horse, but: Face it, Carter is a disappointment. We have enough of a sample size. Best contribution is as a stretch 4 as he can hit a wide open 3. Thankfully Freemantle looks promising
X-luc,

I expected to see Muskieman's relentless criticism of Carter in his previous post in this thread, but have to say I'm disappointed in seeing it from you. I do agree he has been underwhelming, but he was pretty efficient today, being 2-7 from the floor, while logging 3 blocks, and 5 boards in less than 20 minutes. He is still rushing shots, but he is not taking unwarranted ones. I'd be much more concerned if he was shooting sky hooks, or 25 foot threes, but think his flaws are the easiest to fix of theother starter's flaws.

I don't disagree his numbers should be curtailed, and they were, at least today. However, with Tandy now being available, there should be 15-20 minutes allocated to him, depending on his play. I also think Moore deserves more minutes as well. I am still high on Bishop, but he has been abysmal offensively. He is a very good defender for a freshman, but as X starts to play stiffer competition, they cannot afford wasted possessions with his shooting, and we already have enough with the starting 5.

I still am high on Carter, and feel he'll regain his form, much like Kanter did two years ago, and to a lesser extent, Hankins last year.
Alpalpa

Postby Alpalpa » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:37 pm

Alpalpa wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:33 pm
I like what Steele is doing. Right now, there are no starters in the game, and two of the players, Kyky and James are seeing their first real action. He’s weathering this team before Big East play, and developing experienced depth. The up-and-down nature of the game today is not only to be expected, but useful.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”