Western Carolina game thread 12/18/19

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
X-lucidity

Re: Western Carolina game thread 12/18/19

Postby X-lucidity » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:11 pm

Looks like we have righted the ship. Intensity and D picked up 3 levels after I blasted them in my last post. I will take credit for this salvaged mess. Reverse psychology to the rescue. LOL. But Lordy we got some work to do
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:18 pm

Just think how this game would have gone tonight had Q listened to AH and Sky about shooting the three, Guess AH will be hammering him for the Foul Shots. Unsung hero Moore with 5 steals

Naji out and Q filled the void.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:32 pm

X-lucidity wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:11 pm
Looks like we have righted the ship. Intensity and D picked up 3 levels after I blasted them in my last post. I will take credit for this salvaged mess. Reverse psychology to the rescue. LOL. But Lordy we got some work to do
:o so where were you during the two Ls? :D :D
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:36 pm

I was slacking! Thank goodness we found our mojo down the stretch. Maybe we can bottle the fire that seemed to ignite late. I saw some passion and frenetic energy on D. Take the W and run
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:43 pm

Great game by Q.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:44 pm

skyhops wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:43 pm
Great game by Q.
and we all hope he keeps playing like tonight
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:23 pm

down 6 but in the last 13 minutes of the game, X held WC to 6 points for a 25-6 run.
madness31

Postby madness31 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:42 am

Goodin played a great game. Nice to see him hit outside shots but him attacking the basket effectively was the true bright spot. He took smart shots and didn't force the action. He simply took what the defense gave him and found ways to get around his guy and finish. Moore took a couple questionable shots but he got after it on defense and made some great plays. Scruggs was a disaster. Just one of those games.

Carter hitting some outside shots as well as up close will hopefully get his confidence back. X needs someone to hit open shots. I don't see Goodin staying this hot from deep but I do think his numbers should be better in the second half of the year.

Freemantle seems to be the only Freshman ready to contribute. Tandy will get there. He looked a bit rushed tonight but the skillset is there.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:01 am

no excuses but i think we underrate WCU a bit. Prosser has done a great job (in just one year) of getting that program turned around. Dotson is a load inside and Faulkner/Gibson is a great combo. they got killed last year because they had no one to backup Dotson when he got in foul trouble. Mark brought in that Cork kid who's a freshmen that did a nice job for a big man when Dotson had to sit. Halverson kid is a warrior as well. He's got the program going in the right direction. they were like 7-3 coming in and could/should have beaten Georgia and FSU.

WCU has legit shot to win the SOCO and get to the dance.

on our side - we must missed a lot of point blank shots. Tyrique was bad (minus his rebounding) and Scruggs was asleep at the wheel most of the night. Q and finally Carter picked up the slack and lead us in the 2nd half, especially. Huge run after it was 50-43 and WCU just simply had no answer. maybe they got tired because they don't have the depth we have, but either way, that could have been a game we easily lost, and we didn't.

just find a way to win. that's what it's all about.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:45 am

madness31 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:42 am
Goodin played a great game. Nice to see him hit outside shots but him attacking the basket effectively was the true bright spot. He took smart shots and didn't force the action. He simply took what the defense gave him and found ways to get around his guy and finish. Moore took a couple questionable shots but he got after it on defense and made some great plays. Scruggs was a disaster. Just one of those games.

Carter hitting some outside shots as well as up close will hopefully get his confidence back. X needs someone to hit open shots. I don't see Goodin staying this hot from deep but I do think his numbers should be better in the second half of the year.

Freemantle seems to be the only Freshman ready to contribute. Tandy will get there. He looked a bit rushed tonight but the skillset is there.
I think that is exactly the problem. He wants to be that spark but he hurries his shots. Mack said when KyKy came back that it would take about a month for him to get back and in 5 games he has played 51 minutes and averaged 3 points.

Ramsey may be the person X could use as they are thin on the front line without him. His knee has flared up and he has not been able to practice. TS is hoping he recovers sometime this year but maybe he will be a medical redshirt if the knee keeps giving him trouble. Give him some prayers and cross your fingers

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”