GT vs X game thread

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

GT vs X game thread

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:33 pm

They rarely lose on my birthday so I hope they make the big 70 a happy night.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Re: GT vs X game thread

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:21 pm

No Q in the first half? X 20-6 in points in the paint
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
oldhoopster

Postby oldhoopster » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:27 pm

Where is Q? Is he sick or just benched?
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:32 pm

Refs tried to help GT but a nice overall victory for X. Held GT 20 under their average. I think TS showed who is running the show. Sill needs to fine some O but nice B-day gift.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:09 pm

Happy birthday Muskieman! Nice win and the refs were not on our side. 70 is the new 60
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:12 pm

So, you're saying a loss would have indicated TS isn't in charge? I don't know if beating a team you're a favorite against at home, and who is a bottom three team in the league shows anything, though their defense definitely showed up. Offense was still painful (outside of KyKy) with a lot of bad shots, which won't play well at Creighton on Sunday. KyKy showed why he needs to be in the game, despite his defensive lapses, which are lessening.

I'm glad the team who started played well, but that same team will get drilled on Sunday. I think KyKy should have started today, and hopefully will on Sunday, or one or two of Creighton's sharp shooters will get off a number of open jumpers. Three bigs against four very good perimeter players is a mismatch, and not in X's favor. Sunday is huge, as it offers X an opportunity to get their first Top 50 win. It's pretty late in the season for a team aspiring to be in the Dance to lack one, but the beauty of this league is that they will still have a half dozen opportunities left to fatten their resume. Also, DePaul sits at 52 in the NET rankings, so they will hopefully slip under 50 when X plays them.

BTW, any word on why Q didn't play?
XavierBob

Postby XavierBob » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:22 pm

Missed the game due to a visitation for a close friend. Hoping this is something they can build on. This is truly a one game at a time team. BTW Happy Birthday Muskieman
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:25 pm

Yes,

I would be remiss if I didn't also wish my mentor a happy birthday. I was going to list all the things I admire about him, but unfortunately, each post is limited to 20,000 characters. There is a fathead of Bea Arthur in a bikini coming your way for your man cave. Just hide it when I come over for our moderator meetings.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:34 pm

Just saw a tweet from Shannon that Q apparently "tweaked his knee" in warmups. Wow, incredible timing. To his credit, he was very engaged on the bench, jumping up during made threes and running out during time outs. I hope he didn't re-injure it, because we need him on Sunday. Regardless, I'm a fan of Q as a teammate and player (with restrictions), even if his level of play has not been up to standards, including his I'm sure. He had one of the very best freshman years in an X uniform along with guys like Semaj, Tu, Tre, and D. West.

I still want him to be the starting point guard, as long as he limits his shots to driving labs.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:18 pm

skyhops wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:09 pm
Happy birthday Muskieman! Nice win and the refs were not on our side. 70 is the new 60
Thanks, everyone. Others have said 70 is the new 40s or 50s, and now 60s. I had cancer in the '50s, serious heart conditions in the 60's so I would go with the 40s but that means I would have to go through the '50s and '60s again. I just want to last a few more decades so I can see some of you kids make it to my age and see if you are the same and maybe with some luck a few national Championship wins with the same coach. GOD bless all Xavier fans

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”