What did Mr. Jones text?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
edgecliff hall

What did Mr. Jones text?

Postby edgecliff hall » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:15 am

I am unable to read the Enquirer story. What did Mr. Jones text to the entire team?
ChitownSteve

Re: What did Mr. Jones text?

Postby ChitownSteve » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:03 pm

The article does not contain the exact text.

However, the new theme stated by Tyrique is “Unbreakable” rather than “Team 98” as they break the huddle.
edgecliff hall

Postby edgecliff hall » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:15 pm

Thanks, ChitownSteve, for your info. Whatever Mr. Jones said, it has sure been effective. Chicago has always been a special place for me, with many good friends from Xavier, and in the Army.
FYI at the Movie Music Food Site, I have posted sketchy takes on some of tonight's Oscar contenders. I am such a sweet easy critic.
Pierre Dracot

Postby Pierre Dracot » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:25 pm

edgecliff hall wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:15 pm
Thanks, ChitownSteve, for your info. Whatever Mr. Jones said, it has sure been effective. Chicago has always been a special place for me, with many good friends from Xavier, and in the Army.
FYI at the Movie Music Food Site, I have posted sketchy takes on some of tonight's Oscar contenders. I am such a sweet easy critic.
Please don't say you favor "1917." Like all Sam Mendes films ("American Beauty" et al.), it's vastly overrated--Academy members' mistaken idea of an art film.
edgecliff hall

Postby edgecliff hall » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:38 pm

Of 1917, I said it's the curse of a dumb General. The premise is so incredibly stupid. To get that vital message through he sends these two poor guys WALKING through no-man's land. And, great camera operation does not, of itself, make a great film.
Had I been the General I would have sent two or three airplanes, or a company on horses, or six tanks. I studied military science at Xavier University.
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:39 pm

Agree with the ‘edge on this one. 1917 is decent but, if it wins best picture, then a lousy year for films. I walked out of theatre thinking the same, you seemed to have a slight bit of air superiority, why not drop a message to the camp or parachute in. In reality, based on what our hero went through, seemed his odds were less than 3 in 10 to make it. I’ll give em poetic license but only a B+ movie grade. My vote would go to “Parasite” brilliant! For sheer fun, “Once upon a time”
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:51 pm

Posters,

As a moderator, I'm really proud of the diverse discussions we're having on the board. It shows what a very well rounded band of posters we have. On a completely, random, and unrelated note, Kroger has a special on Playtex Tampons this week.
edgecliff hall

Postby edgecliff hall » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:36 pm

All Best Wishes for you tonight, Anti-Homer. Remember, get off when the music starts.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:11 pm

edgecliff hall wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:36 pm
All Best Wishes for you tonight, Anti-Homer. Remember, get off when the music starts.
I really was looking forward to seeing 1917, until reading the reviews. My son convinced me to watch Dunkirk last year, which I liked, though not as much as he did.
VeroMuskie

Postby VeroMuskie » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:12 pm

Just saw Ford vs Ferrari....best movie I have seen in long time....definitely wort your time.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”