Postby lovedschmidt » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:37 pm

XU2011 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:10 pm
3rd and 4th year guys make as many or more mistakes as the freshman

Ain't that the truth
Michigan Musketeer

Re: Butler Preview

Postby Michigan Musketeer » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:58 pm

Another missed opportunity for a quality win over a ranked team. Hard to win when only 2 players show up and one when it was too late. My wife drinks Sleepy Time Tea guess it’s good she doesn’t play BB.
Javier93

Postby Javier93 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:42 pm

Really even game!

All I can see is that they had 3 more blocks, as everything else seems equal.

Amazingly, all of Butlers TO were forced. Nuts.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:05 pm

Not sure it was an even game considering Butler was in command all game, plus they have an excellent PG and Shooter and we don’t.
xavier71

Postby xavier71 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:09 pm

Would have been a great win. I can't believe the mental errors, especially by players who have played 3 or 4 years. Completely dumbfounded by TS letting the clock run down from 59 to 29 when down 3 possesions. Even 8th grade coaches know that, at that point, the clock is your enemy. Don't know if Scruggs' playing in front of family had anything to do with going 1 for 9. What I do know is that he is in a shooting slump. First 5 Big East games he shot 55%. Last 7 he is shooting 31%.
MOSQUETERO

Postby MOSQUETERO » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:29 am

Well, we need to go 4-2 in our last six games. 3-3 and a win in the BET might get us in, at least in the dreaded PIG, but I'm not settling for that. Finishing in the top six will have us avoid the Wed slate. It is attainable but we can't have multiple starters not show up. I really thought Scruggs was going to be pumped up playing in front of family and friends. Oh well, come Monday.
whopper

Postby whopper » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:12 pm

when Scruggs got his first foul in 12 seconds I told wife "that could be the game right there"..when he got second I kind of screamed (to her dismay) "I knew it". The substitution patterns were off the whole game due to that and he lost his rhythm. And this has happened more than once
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:22 pm

MOSQUETERO wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:29 am
Well, we need to go 4-2 in our last six games. 3-3 and a win in the BET might get us in, at least in the dreaded PIG, but I'm not settling for that. Finishing in the top six will have us avoid the Wed slate. It is attainable but we can't have multiple starters not show up. I really thought Scruggs was going to be pumped up playing in front of family and friends. Oh well, come Monday.
Might have been too pumped which lead to his 2 quick fouls
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
MOSQUETERO

Postby MOSQUETERO » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:13 pm

muskieman wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:22 pm
MOSQUETERO wrote:
He did make his first 3 point attempt but subsequently missed his next 8 shots.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:14 pm

MOSQUETERO wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:13 pm
muskieman wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:22 pm
MOSQUETERO wrote:
He did make his first 3 point attempt but subsequently missed his next 8 shots.
I saw a photo of Paul with his dribble about chest high and away from his body and thought I bet he loses that dribble. I love Paul, but he should work on his ball control if he wants to make it to the next level.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”