Marquette loss

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
VeroMuskie

Marquette loss

Postby VeroMuskie » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:24 pm

DePaul beats Marquette...Does this help NCAA bid for Muskies?
MOSQUETERO

Re: Marquette loss

Postby MOSQUETERO » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:34 am

They are trending towards the dangerous 8/9 seed line. This happened to them last year as well. The season sweep of DePaul, SJU and GTown appears to have paid dividends. Hopefully the away DePaul win will remain a Quadrant 1 win. I know the Marquette boards are on fire.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:47 am

this march is going to be EPIC.

UC was down like 13 in the 2nd half. no Cumberland. go on 17-2 run then win by like 12.

Maryland loses on the road at Rutgers.

Tennessee wins at Rupp after being down double digits at half (first time in Cal's career where he's lost being up 10+ at half at home)

Purdue wins AT Iowa.

it's just a crazy season. no dominant teams.

just get to the tourney and hopefully get hot (with the right matchups) at the right time and ya never know.

next 3 weeks are the absolute best of the year.

strap in, boys.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:37 am

Watching that game last night and the game before that I saw a Marquette team that seems to be tired and cannot find the guys that complement Howard. Howard is obviously good (35 plus points in the last 4 games) but also seems to be pressing because no other player could even get to double figures and against SH only Anim hit double figures.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
MOSQUETERO

Postby MOSQUETERO » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:42 pm

I left my thinking cap coming in to work. So we need to win on Sat and we need Marq to lose to the Redmen on Sat to avoid Wed in the BET. Sounds like a plan.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:33 pm

muskieman wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:37 am
Watching that game last night and the game before that I saw a Marquette team that seems to be tired and cannot find the guys that complement Howard. Howard is obviously good (35 plus points in the last 4 games) but also seems to be pressing because no other player could even get to double figures and against SH only Anim hit double figures.
Mman,

As usual, you're spot on. Sorry I can't say the same thing about your fashion sense, as you continue to wear your "fun white jeans" well after Labor Day. Marquette would be a top 15 team if the Hauser bros stayed. They didn't want to play second fiddle to Howard. The minute they found out he was coming back, it was adios on the steel guitar.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:08 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:33 pm
muskieman wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:37 am
Mman,

As usual, you're spot on. Sorry I can't say the same thing about your fashion sense, as you continue to wear your "fun white jeans" well after Labor Day. Marquette would be a top 15 team if the Hauser bros stayed. They didn't want to play second fiddle to Howard. The minute they found out he was coming back, it was adios on the steel guitar.
Projecting again AH
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”