Providence Game Thread

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Re: Providence Game Thread

Postby muskieman » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:47 pm

Q's two threes means 6 of the 9 points for X.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:49 pm

Carter and Q igniting X. X down three with the ball and a called foul.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:05 pm

muskieman wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:46 pm
Two good plays by Carter to start the second half. Naji picked up his third foul
Carter is a menace on defense. Very underrated part of his game.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:18 pm

one point lead 3 or 4 times.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:20 pm

I'm going to assume the t.o. wasn't called to get Marshall a 28 foot three.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:22 pm

No matter the outcome, Xavier showed great heart, and Steele pushed the right buttons.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:31 pm

It reminds me of Providence's last game I saw. They just had enough to win. X misses the three at the end and couldn't get it done. Now Beat Butler.... anyone knows how the Butler game turned out?
XU2011

Postby XU2011 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:36 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:22 pm
No matter the outcome, Xavier showed great heart, and Steele pushed the right buttons.
Agree played hard, no quit, was good to see.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:36 pm

Marshall played a really solid game, but another bone headed hero ball shot with one minute. Steele continues to struggle with in game strategy. Down 4 with 50 seconds to go, and he lets them run the clock down, Even if X makes a three, the odds of winning would have been 10%. A game prior, he doesn't foul GTown, and they miss a 25 foot three to tie. Need a veteran coach with winning experience next to him. His inexperience rears its ugly head far too often.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:49 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:36 pm
Marshall played a really solid game, but another bone headed hero ball shot with one minute. Steele continues to struggle with in game strategy. Down 4 with 50 seconds to go, and he lets them run the clock down, Even if X makes a three, the odds of winning would have been 10%. A game prior, he doesn't foul GTown, and they miss a 25 foot three to tie. Need a veteran coach with winning experience next to him. His inexperience rears its ugly head far too often.
In the last game, Q said he was going to foul his guy but then the guy started to shoot he backed off. ... Larkin mentioned it as a senior play as a freshman like KyKy might have fouled the shooter like he did tonight a couple of times. As for bone head hero shots, Naji has made a number of game-winning shots this year so I let him take it when the clock is running down.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”