Paul out tonight against Providence

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Paul out tonight against Providence

Postby muskieman » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:38 pm

Per Shannon: Paul Scruggs is out tonight versus Providence due to a leg injury. He collided with Tyrique Jones yesterday at practice and came up limping in what appeared to be a hamstring ailment. Tough blow
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Re: Paul out tonight against Providence

Postby skyhops » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:37 pm

Will Q actually score today? We will miss Paul’s defense
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:08 pm

Not good,

Especially since Providence will be playing zone. Bryce and Q will need to step up tonight. Maleik White is out for Providence, and Diallo is a game time decision. White isn't a big loss, but Diallo would be. Providence isn't a great shooting team, and Duke is the only really good three point shooter (Pipkins is streaky), so X may have to play some zone, as both Tandy and Free are poor defenders and foul prone. With a seven man rotation, they can ill afford to get into foul trouble.

Lastly, when not in foul trouble, Watson was a beast at Cintas. Hopefully, TY stays out of foul trouble, because neither Carter nor Free can physically match up with him, or their other center Young. Providence is loaded. I think Moore steps up for X, but won't predict the final score. Not a good sign when AH abstains.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:38 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:08 pm
Not good,

Especially since Providence will be playing zone. Bryce and Q will need to step up tonight. Maleik White is out for Providence, and Diallo is a game time decision. White isn't a big loss, but Diallo would be. Providence isn't a great shooting team, and Duke is the only really good three point shooter (Pipkins is streaky), so X may have to play some zone, as both Tandy and Free are poor defenders and foul prone. With a seven man rotation, they can ill afford to get into foul trouble.

Lastly, when not in foul trouble, Watson was a beast at Cintas. Hopefully, TY stays out of foul trouble, because neither Carter nor Free can physically match up with him, or their other center Young. Providence is loaded. I think Moore steps up for X, but won't predict the final score. Not a good sign when AH abstains.
Guess they didn't hear you or you jinxed X. 50% from the three-point line and beyond, way beyond, most were defended
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Two good plays by Carter to start the second half. Naji picked up thrid foul
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:50 pm

muskieman wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:38 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Not good,

Guess they didn't hear you or you jinxed X. 50% from the three-point line and beyond, way beyond, most were defended
On cue,

Mman forwards a courageous post, after the fact.Dripping!. Kind of like a president who dodges the draft (see Trump and Clifton) and likes to talk tough on defense. It's a head scratcher why he still is wrong most on the time on his takes. Muskieman, there's a thing called statistics, which, over a long period of time, establishes a statistical identity. Providence, statistically, is not a very good shooting team. Kind of like Q hitting four threes against Marquette, or you saying you show restraint by eating only two desserts instead of your usual three at dinner once a month. I'm sure you said Q was as good as Tre from three based on that game. As usual, you would be wrong.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:52 am

Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:50 pm
muskieman wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:38 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Not good,

On cue,

Mman forwards a courageous post, after the fact.Dripping!. Kind of like a president who dodges the draft (see Trump and Clifton) and likes to talk tough on defense. It's a head scratcher why he still is wrong most on the time on his takes. Muskieman, there's a thing called statistics, which, over a long period of time, establishes a statistical identity. Providence, statistically, is not a very good shooting team. Kind of like Q hitting four threes against Marquette, or you saying you show restraint by eating only two desserts instead of your usual three at dinner once a month. I'm sure you said Q was as good as Tre from three based on that game. As usual, you would be wrong.
I agree they are not a good shooting team but I also said you probably jinxed X. My guess is your head-scratching is a medical problem caused by your problem with your lack of personal sanitary SOP your acquaintance tell me. You should have learned from China's problems that your close acquainted with farm animals not only causes the flu but other far less savory diseases which is why you have never past the moderators testing. As for stats, you know they can be deceiving at times, for instance, St Jons doesn't have a great record but statically they outscore Nova on average and the team tied with Xavier in the standing is the second highest-scoring team in the conference, go figure. Let me leave you with some advice, your doctor prescribed you Ivermectin and my suggestion is to follow your doctor's advice about taking your medicine and your life choices.
MOSQUETERO

Postby MOSQUETERO » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:26 pm

Anyone here know if he’s a go for tomorrow?
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:04 pm

MOSQUETERO wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:26 pm
Anyone here know if he’s a go for tomorrow?
Shannon said it is still day to day.
MOSQUETERO

Postby MOSQUETERO » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:53 pm

Thanks Ed. Need this one in the worst way.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”