BEAT Butler game thread

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

BEAT Butler game thread

Postby muskieman » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:44 pm

Time for Seniors to go out of Cintas with a win. Q starting for Paul
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Re: BEAT Butler game thread

Postby muskieman » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:54 pm

Can we make a basket tonight 5 minutes in
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:33 pm

One would think with 11 O rebounds that X might be leading.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:26 pm

We were out rebounded and out coached. No timeouts when it mattered, no full court defense on Baldwin at the FTs, and our best player is worried about running with his finger in the air while their best player hits an open three that our senior decided not to switch. Same old same old
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:30 pm

I'd have liked to see full-court pressure at the end. Naji slipped on that screen
oldhoopster

Postby oldhoopster » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:49 pm

May not have been the last home game for seniors after all. A loss Wednesday to DePaul and they’ll get a home game in the NIT. Unfortunately, this team can’t shoot and as UC showed for years, defense is not enough. This team is horrible offensively. And no excuse for missing 10 FTs or shooting 20+ threes. As many have said here, no BB IQ and maybe none on the staff either.
joeabe

Postby joeabe » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:04 am

Most difficult team to watch......Tough, tough season! I feel for them as they seem to play very hard yet continue to make foolish mistakes and not do the little things that all add up.
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:20 am

skyhops wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:26 pm
We were out rebounded and out coached. No timeouts when it mattered, no full court defense on Baldwin at the FTs, and our best player is worried about running with his finger in the air while their best player hits an open three that our senior decided not to switch. Same old same old
Bottom line is you can't let a visiting team's player come in on senior night particularly in a big game and drop 36 on you. Some of this one is on the coaching staff. It will be interesting to see how they come out in the tournament after a loss like this one. It can go either way. Tough way to go out.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:28 am

Exactly, guard from the point of entry when you know he is getting a screen. I’d rather have a foul guarding him vs an open 3. Their senior PG dropped 30 plus and our senior PG had 3
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:34 am

I won't get into it, but i thought it was a pretty clueless coaching effort defensively. He's good, but they were not ready or reactive to what they were doing. He(Travis and his staff) was severely out strategized in the match up.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”