Postby muskieman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:32 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:39 am
muskieman wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:48 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:37 pm

Mman,

Please stay in your lane. Your medical specialty is in orthopedics, not epidemiology. I too prefer to watch games with crowds, whether live, or on the 15" plasma TV my friend Michael Scarn gave to me. However, the decision to play without crowds is the right thing to do. The numbers reported so far, are a very small fraction of the number actually infected, which is, or probably will be 100x-1000x times more, since the WHO and CDC says those infected can remain symptom free for a week before presenting. We won't know for a while, however, because we don't even have enough kits to test those showing symptoms. Perhaps arrogantly cutting funding for the CDC was ignorant and short-sighted? This is not a political statement, because even during Obama's administration, they didn't fund the CDC adequately, and dodged a bullet when the few cases of Ebola were quickly contained. My opinion should carry a lot of weight, since I received a medical degree from the prestigious University of Phoenix Medical School branch located in Jamaica.

Also, the flu has been around for hundreds of years, and is a blanket term for a number of bacterial and viral respiratory illnesses, one of which may actually be a mutation of CoV-19. Disclaimer: The past sentence is what I heard on the last Simpsons' episode, where I get most of my information sadly.

Now you've got me worked up before the big game. However, I will throw a fit if they decide to cancel the County Insecticide convention in the summer. I love the smell of Round Up in the morning. There's no harm in doing that.
Yes, you are not a medical doctor and that U of P degree says not for medical use but unlike you, I have a lot of doctors and nurses as family members so I trust them more than you. The game tonight is with fans so anything about community spreading is already happening, much like that time your case of Infantigo spread to your sister because of close proximity. I know you said she was your bride and it was allowed but your West Virginia license was never signed. Xavier closed its doors but is having a neighborhood conference with a 1000 people expected, so why don't they have classes? And with all this, how does closing X protect the portion of the group that is most susceptible which is people over 65 or with a history of immune problems.
BTW the funds to the CDC were not cut, it was proposed but not acted on by Congress.
Correct, I misspoke, but major cuts have been proposed to the CDC’s budget in 21’ by the administration. Hopefully, Congress does the right thing and doesn’t approve the spending cuts. The administration did scale back on funding for the CDC to fight epidemics in hot spots around the world for emerging infectious diseases (ie. Ebola) in places like China and Haiti. Turn the clock back nearly four decades ago years when the Aids epidemic started to appear in the US, and the apathy of the Reagan Administration, who allocated less than half a billion in research. The amount spent in healthcare for people with Aids in the U.S. is now over a trillion dollars and counting. Ya think that strategy was a little short sighted?

BTW, I didn’t get this from Fox News, CNN, Wash Post, or WSJ. I heard it on an NPR podcast. This is again, not a political commentary to favor one party over the other, because quite frankly, I abstained from the last election for president because there couldn’t be two more corrupt, egomaniacal, unlikable, and incompetent people running for office than Trump or Clinton.

I do hope your insinuation that Cov-19 is no more serious than the flu (mortality rate 001%) take ages well. We shall see.
well, I hope that this virus will not be as deadly as this year's flu because according to the CDC 13,355 results returned for death from flu so far this season. And Quoting from PBS "The public health system has a playbook to follow for pandemic preparation — regardless of who’s president or whether specific instructions are coming from the White House. Public-health experts outside government have praised the CDC’s work so far and noted that its top scientific ranks have remained stable during the past three years."
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
thecoach

Re: No fans at NCAA tourney

Postby thecoach » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:44 pm

This will likely make for some uninformed decisions by upper classmen looking to leave early. Unless the Nba draft is moved back which complicates things, it would be hard for the Ncaa to change deadlines. It will be hard to have workouts or combine type activities. Roster managment probably got more tricky one way or the other. Hopefully things get resolved quickly. Big thanks to the Chinese.
Anti-Homer

Re: No fans at NCAA tourney

Postby Anti-Homer » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:34 pm

thecoach wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:44 pm
This will likely make for some uninformed decisions by upper classmen looking to leave early. Unless the Nba draft is moved back which complicates things, it would be hard for the Ncaa to change deadlines. It will be hard to have workouts or combine type activities. Roster managment probably got more tricky one way or the other. Hopefully things get resolved quickly. Big thanks to the Chinese.
Coaches are clamoring to let seniors have an extra year. While I feel bad for the players, I doubt they'll be granted one, nor should they. It would be different if a new crop of players weren't coming into cbb from h.s.. One of the most obvious issues would be how to reconcile a team with 5 incoming recruits, to a team with 5 seniors coming back. Should the NCAA grant them a waiver and allow 18 players on the team? Also, should all players be granted a release from their commitments because many of their decisions on where to go to school was affected by how many and who on the team played their decisions? However, if it means Jones could come back, count me in on granting them an extra year.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”