DePaul Game Thread

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Anti-Homer

Re: DePaul Game Thread

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:36 pm

I think it might be a good idea to have their best three point shooter in KyKy in the game now.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:38 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:28 pm
I'd have Free foul Butz as soon as they come down the court. 48% shooter from the line. If X loses, it would be fitting that another 28 foot three from Marshall was a big reason why. Unbelievable! They let 11 seconds run off the clock!
they missed 10 threes in the second half. No one to blame but them. X finishing this year was like DePaul was this year except DePaul may have finished tonight.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:39 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:36 pm
I think it might be a good idea to have their best three-point shooter in KyKy in the game now.
agreed if Kyky wasn't 0-3 tonight
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
XavierBob

Postby XavierBob » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:40 pm

It pains me to write this because I genuinely like the guy but, I’ll be the first to eat crow and take my lumps after tonight’s performance I’m firmly out of the Steele camp. I would have made the hire but unfortunately he has turned out to be the wrong guy, in my opinion. It’s not game strategies, recruiting etc. I just think he is a career assistant. Reminds me of a Bruce Coslet or Dick LeBeau as a head coach. Seems like a good idea but just doesn’t have what it takes. I’ve said for years X would eventually hire the wrong guy, I think this is it. Problem is he will probably get two more years, I hope he doesn’t drag the program too far down. It is unfortunate but I think we have Travis Tuberville on our hands if you know what I mean,
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:45 pm

I think one of the guys after the game said X plays better when they do their roles. DePaul was good if not great in the pre-conference and had some good wins and tonight they looked like that team.
XU2011

Postby XU2011 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:50 pm

Mercifully that is over for the year..:better things to come
FickforX

Postby FickforX » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:13 am

I said it a while back, this team was just not good. Can’t shoot, very bad decisions and terrible defense when the game is on the line. A combination of poor coaching and not having enough talent. It will be a long time before X is a power again. I don’t see them getting a high profile coach and they look like they don’t have enough talent to turn this around anytime soon. I wonder if KiKi will consider transferring. To sum it all up thank you Judas Mack. I hope they go down in flames in the tournament. GO DAYTON
edgecliff hall

Postby edgecliff hall » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:15 am

I don't know. What do you mean, Xavier Bob?
McX

Postby McX » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:18 am

Hahahaha, that is all.
joeabe

Postby joeabe » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:21 am

Guard play has not improved one bit, perhaps regressed over the season. Floor General we have not. Launching crazy ass 3's , not getting back on D. Cannot understand how De Paul lost all those games. Well they are about to lose another one tomorrow. De Paul is undisciplined like Xavier on offense. Looks like street ball out there tonight. Nova will discipline De Paul into submission. Reed is a good player.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”