Next year question/s?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Next year question/s?

Postby muskieman » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:45 pm

Colby Jones 6'6" is said to have a high basketball IQ and can score in a variety of ways also said to defend well and is a very good rebounder for his position but is not explosive athletically.

C.J. Wilcher 6'5" is reported to have great hand-eye coordination but lacking in explosive and lateral athleticism. He has a quick-release and moves well without the ball. Some say he is a good shooter and a decent to good passer but not as good a defender.

With all that said, which player do you think will be better for X and why? Will either be able to crack the starting lineup at any time of the year?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
X-lucidity

Re: Next year question/s?

Postby X-lucidity » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:34 pm

Colby sounds a bit like Justin Cage, (which I would take in a heartbeat) C.J. sort of like Myles Davis, (Hopefully a bit quicker than Myles and without the drama) Not having watched any of their youtubes, my prediction is really without much more than a hunch, but I will predict Colby has a bigger impact.
PS, this is more fun than reminiscing about Team 98...
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:15 pm

Kind or premature considering we don't know who is coming back yet no?
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:54 pm

I take it that means AH doesn’t want to play along.. - or, he has run out of adult beverages and TP while quarantined
JTG

Postby JTG » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:16 pm

I note it says Wilcher is not super athletic but is smart and moves well without the ball. That's fine with me. I'm sick of super athletes that can't shoot to savd their lives, and have no bball iq. I predict both will play good minutes.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:34 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:15 pm
Kind or premature considering we don't know who is coming back yet no?
Guess this means you don’t have an opinion
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
jct1941

Postby jct1941 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:08 pm

No one has mentioned Odom. The write on him is that he almost unstoppable in the open court. And Miles (will hopefully add weight) and be a factor. Go Xavier!
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:58 pm

jct1941 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:08 pm
No one has mentioned Odom. The write on him is that he almost unstoppable in the open court. And Miles (will hopefully add weight) and be a factor. Go Xavier!
I didn't mention him because I was talking about the two guys that might be SG or SF
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:00 pm

Assuming that Marshall leaves and Scruggs stays, I think the starting lineup will be:

Odom
Tandy
Scruggs
Carter
Freemantle

Hopefully, X gets a big wing - transfer, and also a true five. They are very thin in depth on the front line, and Carter and Free are fours, not fives. We have no idea what we'll get from Ramsey and Miles. I also wouldn't mind a gt at the point, in case Odom isn't ready from day one, because neither Tandy nor Scruggs can play point. They are both turnover prone, and weak with the ball, especially under pressure.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:01 pm

That is the lineup I thought of too AH. We might get out rebounded by everyone in the big east with that frontline. Carter is going have to step it up next year. I think is fair to say the playing the majority of minutes and getting close to 7 and 5 isn't going to get it. Still don't understand why Ramsey didn't get more time, which would have helped for next year.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”