Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Re: Next year question/s?

Postby muskieman » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:20 pm

X-Expert wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:01 pm
skyhops wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:18 pm
According the people that I have asked he is not in the position to transfer and has his sights on set on playing professionally. Good question, that would really hurt if transferred.
i really hope Marshall is gone. I like Naji and thought he did well (especially when attacking the basket) but X did not run an offense especially late in a close game. It as basically Naji come to the top of the key and create. Asking your most selfish player (albeit talented) who shoots 28% from 3 to just create is not an offense. I wish him well but with the grad transfers, i'm more excited than i thought i would be. X will be losing a lot on D but should be gaining on O.
Toward the end of most games the team's best player or the guy that has the guts to be in the moment does the same thing Naji tried to do. How many times has X seen an opponent take the ball and do it to X with the last one in the Butler game? We saw it to an extent with Tre and JP but there we had two great players. TU did it. Crawford did it. Naji passed the ball a lot but when you pass the ball and the player doesn't take the shot but passes it back tells you that others were not ready to step up and take that last or the last few shots. We see and remember the misses but other team's leaders miss them too.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:14 pm

muskieman wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:20 pm
X-Expert wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:01 pm
skyhops wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:18 pm
According the people that I have asked he is not in the position to transfer and has his sights on set on playing professionally. Good question, that would really hurt if transferred.
i really hope Marshall is gone. I like Naji and thought he did well (especially when attacking the basket) but X did not run an offense especially late in a close game. It as basically Naji come to the top of the key and create. Asking your most selfish player (albeit talented) who shoots 28% from 3 to just create is not an offense. I wish him well but with the grad transfers, i'm more excited than i thought i would be. X will be losing a lot on D but should be gaining on O.
Toward the end of most games the team's best player or the guy that has the guts to be in the moment does the same thing Naji tried to do. How many times has X seen an opponent take the ball and do it to X with the last one in the Butler game? We saw it to an extent with Tre and JP but there we had two great players. TU did it. Crawford did it. Naji passed the ball a lot but when you pass the ball and the player doesn't take the shot but passes it back tells you that others were not ready to step up and take that last or the last few shots. We see and remember the misses but other team's leaders miss them too.
And the other teams remember the times he hit the ending shots. Ask U Conn
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:54 am

Doesn't bode well for breaking the Nova trend next year:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... 25-2020-21
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:20 pm

interesting to note who is missing!
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:23 pm

Who votes, coaches and player, or just one?
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:05 pm

So Q, who had a terrible attitude according to most insiders as well as no confidence resulting in his benching gets the Lew Hirt Award and Naji nothing.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:48 pm

skyhops wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:05 pm
So Q, who had a terrible attitude according to most insiders as well as no confidence resulting in his benching gets the Lew Hirt Award and Naji nothing.
maybe those "Insiders" are not as inside as they talk!
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:06 pm

My source travels with the team.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”