Tay Baker
No votes
George Krajack
No votes

Total votes: 9
muskieman

If you could hire a former coach poll

Postby muskieman » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:42 pm

Seeing how we are all under house arrest or have nowhere to go.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Re: If you could hire a former coach poll

Postby skyhops » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:14 pm

According to one of my sources Miller would come back in a heartbeat at least he wanted to a couple years ago, but not sure x would have him back. I’d take him over Steele in a heartbeat.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:51 pm

skyhops wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:14 pm
According to one of my sources Miller would come back in a heartbeat at least he wanted to a couple years ago, but not sure x would have him back. I’d take him over Steele in a heartbeat.
Hops,

I'm sorry to see that the quarantine hasn't lessened your negativity. Before I vote, I want to make it clear that it would be as a bench coach, and not a replacement for TS, because he has done a great job.....of recruiting. I also hope and believe he'll elevate his mediocre coaching results to date. No one can argue he was handicapped by the former coach/guy who played the dad in the movie Babe , who started an affair with Lady Louisville while still collecting a paycheck from X.

Basing it on coaching ability solely, without regard to integrity, it would be Sean Miller. If I can also get off topic for a moment, I'd like to point out to the board the leadership Mman has shown throughout this crisis. Hopefully, no one will ever question again why he's universally regarded as the best moderator on the board. He still never fails to leave me in awe.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:29 pm

I'm all for giving Steele another year especially so I can hear those used car salesman interviews where everything is great.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:45 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:51 pm
skyhops wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:14 pm
Hops,

I'm sorry to see that the quarantine hasn't lessened your negativity. Before I vote, I want to make it clear that it would be as a bench coach, and not a replacement for TS, because he has done a great job.....of recruiting. I also hope and believe he'll elevate his mediocre coaching results to date. No one can argue he was handicapped by the former coach/guy who played the dad in the movie Babe , who started an affair with Lady Louisville while still collecting a paycheck from X.

Basing it on coaching ability solely, without regard to integrity, it would be Sean Miller. If I can also get off topic for a moment, I'd like to point out to the board the leadership Mman has shown throughout this crisis. Hopefully, no one will ever question again why he's universally regarded as the best moderator on the board. He still never fails to leave me in awe.
I agree 100% on the comments about MM. he is what keeps the board going, despite lax Mods like yours truly.😃
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
JKC74

Postby JKC74 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:56 pm

Campbell. was the absolute worst
resume loaded with B.S.. X U only found out after they canned his ass
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:42 pm

JKC74 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:56 pm
Campbell. was the absolute worst
resume loaded with B.S.. X U only found out after they canned his ass
Campbell made George look like coach K in comparison.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”