If you could hire a former coach poll

Talk XU Men's basketball here...

If you could hire a former coach for X who would you chose

Thad Matta
0
No votes
Sean Miller
3
33%
Chris (let's just leave it at thet)
1
11%
Prosser (if he wasn't dead)
0
No votes
Pete Gillen
3
33%
Bob Staak
2
22%
For those that hate winning Dick Campbell
0
No votes
Tay Baker
0
No votes
George Krajack
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 9
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 23084
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

If you could hire a former coach poll

Postby muskieman » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:42 pm

Seeing how we are all under house arrest or have nowhere to go.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops
Posts: 2633
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: If you could hire a former coach poll

Postby skyhops » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:14 pm

According to one of my sources Miller would come back in a heartbeat at least he wanted to a couple years ago, but not sure x would have him back. I’d take him over Steele in a heartbeat.
Anti-Homer
Posts: 5572
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: If you could hire a former coach poll

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:51 pm

skyhops wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:14 pm
According to one of my sources Miller would come back in a heartbeat at least he wanted to a couple years ago, but not sure x would have him back. I’d take him over Steele in a heartbeat.
Hops,

I'm sorry to see that the quarantine hasn't lessened your negativity. Before I vote, I want to make it clear that it would be as a bench coach, and not a replacement for TS, because he has done a great job.....of recruiting. I also hope and believe he'll elevate his mediocre coaching results to date. No one can argue he was handicapped by the former coach/guy who played the dad in the movie Babe , who started an affair with Lady Louisville while still collecting a paycheck from X.

Basing it on coaching ability solely, without regard to integrity, it would be Sean Miller. If I can also get off topic for a moment, I'd like to point out to the board the leadership Mman has shown throughout this crisis. Hopefully, no one will ever question again why he's universally regarded as the best moderator on the board. He still never fails to leave me in awe.
skyhops
Posts: 2633
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: If you could hire a former coach poll

Postby skyhops » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:29 pm

I'm all for giving Steele another year especially so I can hear those used car salesman interviews where everything is great.
User avatar
olsingledigit
Posts: 5758
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:27 am
Contact:

Re: If you could hire a former coach poll

Postby olsingledigit » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:45 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:51 pm
skyhops wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:14 pm
According to one of my sources Miller would come back in a heartbeat at least he wanted to a couple years ago, but not sure x would have him back. I’d take him over Steele in a heartbeat.
Hops,

I'm sorry to see that the quarantine hasn't lessened your negativity. Before I vote, I want to make it clear that it would be as a bench coach, and not a replacement for TS, because he has done a great job.....of recruiting. I also hope and believe he'll elevate his mediocre coaching results to date. No one can argue he was handicapped by the former coach/guy who played the dad in the movie Babe , who started an affair with Lady Louisville while still collecting a paycheck from X.

Basing it on coaching ability solely, without regard to integrity, it would be Sean Miller. If I can also get off topic for a moment, I'd like to point out to the board the leadership Mman has shown throughout this crisis. Hopefully, no one will ever question again why he's universally regarded as the best moderator on the board. He still never fails to leave me in awe.
I agree 100% on the comments about MM. he is what keeps the board going, despite lax Mods like yours truly.😃
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
JKC74
Posts: 341
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:30 pm
Contact:

Re: If you could hire a former coach poll

Postby JKC74 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:56 pm

Campbell. was the absolute worst
resume loaded with B.S.. X U only found out after they canned his ass
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 23084
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: If you could hire a former coach poll

Postby muskieman » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:42 pm

JKC74 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:56 pm
Campbell. was the absolute worst
resume loaded with B.S.. X U only found out after they canned his ass
Campbell made George look like coach K in comparison.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests