Land new transfer

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
McX

Re: Land new transfer

Postby McX » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:49 pm

He'd make that transfer Skip got from Duke (Simions?) look like the great Obi Harris.

Adam Simons, NC State if I recall correctly.

Keep up the good work gentlemen.
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:06 pm

Pretty sure both the transfers only have 1 year left.
#WHYNOTX?
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:12 pm

The one thing you notice on the D2 kids, particularly the big kids, is the size difference between D1 and D2. It's especially glaring when you look at the big guys. Just not a lot of size. I can't ever tell until i see D2 kids how they measure up against size in D1.

I'd like to see them go after this kid. Saw him play a few times. Active guy for his size, but likely a lot of suitors from early returns. I think you're going to see a lot of player hit the portal yet in April.

https://247sports.com/college/basketbal ... 145564038/
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:45 pm

thecoach wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:12 pm
The one thing you notice on the D2 kids, particularly the big kids, is the size difference between D1 and D2. It's especially glaring when you look at the big guys. Just not a lot of size. I can't ever tell until i see D2 kids how they measure up against size in D1.

I'd like to see them go after this kid. Saw him play a few times. Active guy for his size, but likely a lot of suitors from early returns. I think you're going to see a lot of player hit the portal yet in April.

Interesting guy Coach. There are conflicting articles on a guy names Chevez Goodwin. The 6-foot-9 power forward that X has called and shown interest. An article from yesterday has him looking for schools and an article from 20 plus hours ago which was also from yesterday says he committed to USC. He made a comment in one article, “So far, the teams interested in me are Xavier, Georgia, USC, Houston, and Arkansas for sure, Goodwin explained. “Those are the teams that have come at me the hardest. Auburn has come on, they came at me pretty hard too.” So if USC wasn't even mentioned how did he commit to USC.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:56 pm

Did the D2 commits team only win five games?
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:48 pm

muskieman wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:45 pm
thecoach wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:12 pm

Interesting guy Coach. There are conflicting articles on a guy names Chevez Goodwin. The 6-foot-9 power forward that X has called and shown interest. An article from yesterday has him looking for schools and an article from 20 plus hours ago which was also from yesterday says he committed to USC. He made a comment in one article, “So far, the teams interested in me are Xavier, Georgia, USC, Houston, and Arkansas for sure, Goodwin explained. “Those are the teams that have come at me the hardest. Auburn has come on, they came at me pretty hard too.” So if USC wasn't even mentioned how did he commit to USC.
I've seen Johnson play before. Very strong offensive player when he's healthy. I think he had a knee issue, but really bounced back last year. He reminds me a lot of Brian Grant, kid plays with an edge, see his 3/28 highlights:

https://twitter.com/bherbo_trey5/status ... 24170?s=21
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:36 pm

Brian Grant? Isn't Johnson a SG? Is this an April Fools
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:05 pm

You must be looking at the wrong video on his twiiter. 6'8, even looks a little like him. He's a banger. It's the 3/28 tweet with highlights. I saw him play in a summer league game up in Michigan. Kid has a mean streak.
PT71

Postby PT71 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:30 pm

The tape is of Brandon Johnson at W. Michigan...thought we are getting Nate Johnson from Gardner-Webb. Clarify pls.
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:44 pm

PT71 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:30 pm
The tape is of Brandon Johnson at W. Michigan...thought we are getting Nate Johnson from Gardner-Webb. Clarify pls.
Don't we still have a scholly to give? That's what i was saying he wold be a great get. Right now the kid coming in from D2 is the only guy outside of Freemantle who has any experience down low. I thought they still had another scholly but maybe i'm wrong. Hard to keep track.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”