Create your X dream team

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Re: Create your X dream team

Postby muskieman » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:14 pm

skyhops wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:52 am
Tu,JCraw,Posey,Hill, and West
I like . This crew has length, quickness and toughness. Where are your 3 bench players and one surprise player?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:28 am

Bench - Grant, Trevon, and Sato. Sato (for JCraw) and Grant (for Hill) could easily start as well. I thought Doellman would also fit in well especially the way that the game fits his style now. My surprise would probably be Strong, Burrell, or Brown but those aren't exactly going out on a limb.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:10 am

skyhops wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:28 am
Bench - Grant, Trevon, and Sato. Sato (for JCraw) and Grant (for Hill) could easily start as well. I thought Doellman would also fit in well especially the way that the game fits his style now. My surprise would probably be Strong, Burrell, or Brown but those aren't exactly going out on a limb.
my surprise might be Cage!
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:39 am

Good call on Cage, easy to forget him because he seemed quiet but he was a baller from day 1.
SC in DC

Postby SC in DC » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:29 pm

Maybe not the best defensive team, but I bet they break 100 every other time out.

PG-Tu
SG-Steve Thomas
SF-Larkin
PF-Hill
C--West

Bench--Posey,Crawford, Bluiett

Surprise--Doellman

Weakness--besides defense, no pure backup PG. Altho Crawford could really pass, and Doellman was a heady pt forward.
nickgyp

Postby nickgyp » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:50 pm

No mention of Bob Quick? He'd be in my first five along with Steve Thomas.
SC in DC

Postby SC in DC » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:45 pm

OK Nick, and Luther Rackley too. (My date was 5'1",and we met up with Luther at the entrance to Schmidt after a game---she might have come up to his waist!) History lesson--it was the largest bball arena in Ohio when it opened (1920's??) and the first game was a win against UC!! Those were the days!!
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:19 pm

SC in DC wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:45 pm
OK Nick, and Luther Rackley too. (My date was 5'1",and we met up with Luther at the entrance to Schmidt after a game---she might have come up to his waist!) History lesson--it was the largest bball arena in Ohio when it opened (1920's??) and the first game was a win against UC!! Those were the days!!
I use to eat Lunch with Luther. He was allowed to go back for 2nds and 3rds... me no chance.
edgecliff hall

Postby edgecliff hall » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:06 pm

I knew Luther later in life, well after his playing days. He was a smart guy, but worried about stuff. He would call me up to explore in detail whatever hard thing was going on. How he loved his daughter. Worried about her a lot. I liked him.
nickgyp

Postby nickgyp » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:11 pm

Luther Rackley was a very good player and by all accounts also a very good guy, Basketball was a bit different in the sixties but Thomas, Quick and Rackley could play with any of Xavier's best. Bob Pelkington's 22 rpg. season was memorable; and I think he could also play with Xavier's best. He may not have been the tallest player on an all time XU team but , ala Charles Barkley in the NBA, he would have found a way to the boards

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”