Jeff Goodman polled 250 D-1 head coaches

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 23168
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Jeff Goodman polled 250 D-1 head coaches

Postby muskieman » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:34 pm

polled more than 250 D-1 men’s basketball head coaches:

- 42 percent “Still try and play season normal.”

- 32 percent “Move to Jan., play both league & non-league games.

- 24 percent “Move to Jan. and only play league games.

- 2 percent “Cancel the Season.”


Think the YTG was in the 2%?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
tacitus
Posts: 1341
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Jeff Goodman polled 250 D-1 head coaches

Postby tacitus » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:02 pm

A sample doesn't get much more representative than that.

Unless the trends turn around fast this summer AND unless there is not a second wave in the autumn AND unless a vaccine is not ready by the autumn, these opinions will continue to shift even further toward postponement and cancelation. I am sure athletic directors lean even more in that direction, and university administrations even more.

There will not be Division 1 NCAA basketball in 2020. We have to come to terms with that… There could have been, but not at this point. :(
Let's March!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 23168
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Jeff Goodman polled 250 D-1 head coaches

Postby muskieman » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:46 pm

for the sports fanatics, this might be a tough fall/winter period with no sports. I wonder if the NCAA will give a pass for players and not count a year of eligibility against a player.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
tacitus
Posts: 1341
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Jeff Goodman polled 250 D-1 head coaches

Postby tacitus » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:20 pm

muskieman wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:46 pm
for the sports fanatics, this might be a tough fall/winter period with no sports. I wonder if the NCAA will give a pass for players and not count a year of eligibility against a player.
I am sure there will be certain restrictions, like completing degrees on time and not exceeding a certain age. But I am sure they will grant a lot of redshirt years. There may be a lot of 23 and 24-year-old players over the next few years. :)

I am hoping they consider playing with empty stadiums/arenas if the vaccine arrives in time.
Let's March!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 23168
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Jeff Goodman polled 250 D-1 head coaches

Postby muskieman » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:10 pm

tacitus wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:20 pm
muskieman wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:46 pm
for the sports fanatics, this might be a tough fall/winter period with no sports. I wonder if the NCAA will give a pass for players and not count a year of eligibility against a player.
I am sure there will be certain restrictions, like completing degrees on time and not exceeding a certain age. But I am sure they will grant a lot of redshirt years. There may be a lot of 23 and 24-year-old players over the next few years. :)

I am hoping they consider playing with empty stadiums/arenas if the vaccine arrives in time.
How about students only with social distancing in the upper and lover bowl and those with boxes still being able to use the boxes with lower occupancy?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
tacitus
Posts: 1341
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Jeff Goodman polled 250 D-1 head coaches

Postby tacitus » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:56 am

muskieman wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:10 pm
tacitus wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:20 pm
muskieman wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:46 pm
for the sports fanatics, this might be a tough fall/winter period with no sports. I wonder if the NCAA will give a pass for players and not count a year of eligibility against a player.
I am sure there will be certain restrictions, like completing degrees on time and not exceeding a certain age. But I am sure they will grant a lot of redshirt years. There may be a lot of 23 and 24-year-old players over the next few years. :)

I am hoping they consider playing with empty stadiums/arenas if the vaccine arrives in time.
How about students only with social distancing in the upper and lover bowl and those with boxes still being able to use the boxes with lower occupancy?
I think universities will be to scared of litigation. I guess they could require attendees to sign waivers like the Trump campaign did. But I'd like to think that university administrations are a bit more responsible. I think no fans or even no basketball until 2021, unless a vaccine is widely available in the autumn.
Let's March!

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests