Belmont Transfer

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
joeabe
Posts: 232
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:27 am
Contact:

Belmont Transfer

Postby joeabe » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:28 pm

Adam Kunkel signs with X!! Nice get!! Need plenty of fire power and this young man is all that!!! Go ahead Travis and staff......
X-lucidity
Posts: 985
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Belmont Transfer

Postby X-lucidity » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:52 pm

This my friends is a huge get, no, make that: H-U-G-E...! Easily the highlight of the summer.
A warm welcome to "Kunk" from Xavier Nation. Congrats to you young man on a fine choice and congrats to our coaching staff. Dude can score, from all over the court, tremendous catch & shoot from deep or off the dribble, and a gym-rat. The basketball gods are smiling on X today. ;-)
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 23168
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Belmont Transfer

Postby muskieman » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:06 pm

Hope he can defend at the BE level otherwise good firepower

here is Banners take https://www.bannersontheparkway.com/202 ... -to-xavier
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskienick
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Belmont Transfer

Postby muskienick » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:33 pm

muskieman wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:06 pm
Hope he can defend at the BE level otherwise good firepower

here is Banners take https://www.bannersontheparkway.com/202 ... -to-xavier
What is his eligibility status? How many seasons will he be playing in an XU uniform? Does he have to sit out this coming season?
Fathers James Hoff and Michael Graham, AD Mike Bobinski, and Head Coaches Staak, Gillen, Prosser, Matta, Miller, & Mack represent a Golden Era of Xavier Men's Basketball. AD Christopher and Head Coach Steele will bring us to an even higher level!
X-lucidity
Posts: 985
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Belmont Transfer

Postby X-lucidity » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:39 pm

Sit this yr, then TWO years eligibility!
And, his D will be just fine.
X-Expert
Posts: 2116
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:12 pm
Contact:

Re: Belmont Transfer

Postby X-Expert » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:09 pm

I know many people disagree but i really liked Welage. He was brought in to be a deep threat and was. Shot nearly 40% which is very good. He just had no outside help. This guy will have help and can make an impact with the shooters X will have (KyKy and Wilcher)
Anti-Homer
Posts: 5602
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Belmont Transfer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:21 pm

Posters,

First of all, my apologies for my time away from the board, and kudos to my co-moderators for covering my responsibilities...to the best of their limited abilities. Kunkel and Caesar will be great additions to next year's class, and help stagger the talent stream. Steele may have struggled a bit acclimating to the big seat, but his recruiting continues to be stellar. Great summer for X so far. Addition by subtraction with Marshall, and now having a great start for the 21-22 class. I don't think that even Hops could find something wrong with this pick up.

Icing on the cake would be Muskieman reimbursing my 11 expense reports for moderator related expenses.
Anti-Homer
Posts: 5602
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Belmont Transfer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:11 pm

X-Expert wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:09 pm
I know many people disagree but i really liked Welage. He was brought in to be a deep threat and was. Shot nearly 40% which is very good. He just had no outside help. This guy will have help and can make an impact with the shooters X will have (KyKy and Wilcher)
Completely agree with this. He had a very rare skill set on that team: very good outside shooting. His defense was bad, but so was Bluiett's. Welage obviously wasn't as good, but Steele should have figured out a way to get him ore P.t. , even of it mean playing more zone. Without him on the floor, the rest of the players were much easier to defend, because the D packed the lane. X 's team will have good shooters this year, and even more next. I'm hopeful and cautiously optimistic Steele's coaching execution will improve with a better mix of personnel.
User avatar
olsingledigit
Posts: 5780
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:27 am
Contact:

Re: Belmont Transfer

Postby olsingledigit » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:50 am

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:21 pm
Posters,

First of all, my apologies for my time away from the board, and kudos to my co-moderators for covering my responsibilities...to the best of their limited abilities. Kunkel and Caesar will be great additions to next year's class, and help stagger the talent stream. Steele may have struggled a bit acclimating to the big seat, but his recruiting continues to be stellar. Great summer for X so far. Addition by subtraction with Marshall, and now having a great start for the 21-22 class. I don't think that even Hops could find something wrong with this pick up.

Icing on the cake would be Muskieman reimbursing my 11 expense reports for moderator related expenses.
Where do I get the expense form, Homer? I didn’t realize we were entitled to reimbursement.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
skyhops
Posts: 2671
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Belmont Transfer

Postby skyhops » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:33 am

Sounds like a good pick up. I'm assuming that he is a SG, but hopefully he can handle the ball as well. Hoepfully Steele can do a better job with him than Welage and Moore. Nice to see X-pert and AH back from their sabatical in Portland and Chicago.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests